Dumb ASA Question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fsworld

Ok, so this is really going to sound stupid but im a junior guy (obviously!). In May I have a 4 day trip that starts the last day of the month...

1) Am I probably going to fly that into intigration for June? or do I still have the same chance as anyone else for doing it?

2) If I drop the trip, will it pull Mays line value down for the entire block of the trip or just the 1 day in May? Also, will it effect Junes block time in any way negativley?

You will fly the trip into june unless you drop it. You will lose the time for the last day of may, so that will affect your may pay unless you pick something else up. As for june, you leave yourself open for integration or picking up a line that has a trip those days if you drop it.

fsworld said:
Ok, so this is really going to sound stupid but im a junior guy (obviously!). In May I have a 4 day trip that starts the last day of the month...

1) Am I probably going to fly that into intigration for June? or do I still have the same chance as anyone else for doing it?

It's your trip on your schedule, so yes, it's your trip. It has nothing to do with integration. You can either keep the trip and just fly it, or attempt to swap it with open time (try to trade it on trade board, also). It's up to you. They can't take the trip away from you without paying for the entire trip. It's on your Final Schedule for May 2006, so it's your baby.

fsworld said:
2) If I drop the trip, will it pull Mays line value down for the entire block of the trip or just the 1 day in May? Also, will it effect Junes block time in any way negativley?

If you drop it (which won't happen unless someone picks it up from trade board), it will only pull May's line value down for the 1 day in May. However, you will leave yourself open for integration in June by doing so.

If you keep the trip, be sure to bid for June's schedule accordingly. In other words, you don't want a line that has a four day trip, (or any for that matter) during the first 3 days of June. You'll have a conflict, and will lose block hours for those days dropped by scheduling from the total line value of June according to the bid packet. This will happen because you can't be in two places at once, and your bid award isn't a final schedule until it is posted as such. Also be careful when bidding of the 27.5 hours in 7 days BS in our contract, especially since you have 3 out of 4 of those days going into June.

Any other questions can be answered on the ASA webboard on the ALPA site.

Enjoy,

LTG

Don't worry about it. Unless you know somebody who will pick up your trip, Crew Scheduling will just deny it due to lack of coverage. :0

Denied

Just to add

Scheduling may NEVER change your current months schedule in order to make you following months schedule work to their advantage.

So, on your may schedule, even though it rolls into june, it is still your may schedule.

If you are crafty you can bid june so that you maximize your days off at the first part of june since you know what you are doing already.

The 27.5 can be used to your advantage as well.

Medeco

We can't be in 2 places at once??? will someone please pass the word on to scheduling.

Latest resources

Back