Dublin Westbound

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

Can you get your oceanic clearence while on the ground at Dublin? Just trying to figure out if the 1st 20 minutes is going to be elbows and a$$holes or just mearly a climb out on course.

Thanks

cant remeber but signature took 3 hours to get fuel on both deps...there was no space available on one day and had to wait 2 hours for them to bring ac up to fuel pad.

mxflyer said:
cant remeber but signature took 3 hours to get fuel on both deps...there was no space available on one day and had to wait 2 hours for them to bring ac up to fuel pad.

Thanks for that. I will keep that in mind for my departure.

I've never left from Dublin. Last year Shannon issued oceanic clearance just prior to departure making the departure/crossing routine.

Have a great flight!

2000Flyer

can't remember how we got clearance.....either way- no biggy.

on intl- usually best to always fuel on arrival.

you play golf? if so the "Portmarnock Hotel" is a great hotel/golf course about 10 min from airport. http://www.portmarnock.com/ very much fun.:D

then just taxi downtown for the drinking of the guiness or walk down to village of portmarnok. or if enough time rent car upon arrival for great golf excursions- you can have a great time there given enough time and a car.:)

if not then "Conrad" downtown is good too.;)

ps- good fbo as last time there 3 yrs ago the apu on our g5 failed to start 1 hr before pax arrival-- no problemo as fbo had a huffer for us within 10 min.

Last edited:
If you take a look on the Atlantic orientation chart under clearances it spells it out in more detail...

But the way I read it " from Dublin contact Shanwick 30 minutes prior to departure via VHF (HF if unable VHF) to receive your clearance"

CG

I recommend the Conrad hotel its in a convenient spot for just about everything.

I was there last summer and recall getting my clearance on the ground. No problems at all. The only problem was the FBO forgetting to order the crew catering making for a long trip back to Chicago.

Going to Dublin late September. Gonna file the goods away in the memory bank.......and talk to G100driver......he owes me a coffee!

Plus I was with my boss who went hyperbolick over the situation!! We managed to get 3 Big Macs, 3 pieces of pizza and some cookies. Good times. Thankfully we were dead head back.

You know when you've achieved greatness in your aviation career when you put down the big mac to make a position report.

Latest resources

Back