• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duane Woerth @CVG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shoot, Rez, you know the answer to that question. Everyone talks tough in the crewroom and behind anonymous aliases.

Most of these guys have never done any work to help their fellow pilots wherever they are. So, it's easy to take pot shots at a guy who put in over 20 years of work either at NW ALPA or as President. Duane had his faults, and I can guarantee that the new guy does too. These same guys will be calling Prater a "sell out" or whatever in a couple years.

Yesterday I received my "Notice of Implemented Terms and Conditions of Employment for Comair Pilots," Agreement. Top pay for a 70 Capt is at $96/hr. I'm truly disgusted right now. I was not around for the strike of 1999. Thank you to those pilots who fought hard for a fair contract back then. I hope we shut this b*tch down!!!!!

Strike happened in 2001. No offense, but I could care less abuot the top-out of the 70 seater, there is like 30 people in the entire company that get/will get that. I'm more insterested the FO-rates...they are taking the biggest hit.

Strike happened in 2001. No offense, but I could care less abuot the top-out of the 70 seater, there is like 30 people in the entire company that get/will get that. I'm more insterested the FO-rates...they are taking the biggest hit.

Absolutely, wherever you are working. BRING UP THE FO RATES!

Idiot

Saw the big cheese walking the line with Comair pilots today at CVG.

Just goes to show that whoever says ALPA National doesn't care about us Regional peons is just plain wrong!!!!! :p

He walked the line, then got in his Cadillac paid for by ALPO and drove to his 5 star hotel. Do you know when Duane's last flight as a line pilot was??? Years and years ago. You are a moron, plain and simple.

Shoot, Rez, you know the answer to that question. Everyone talks tough in the crewroom and behind anonymous aliases.

Most of these guys have never done any work to help their fellow pilots wherever they are. So, it's easy to take pot shots at a guy who put in over 20 years of work either at NW ALPA or as President. Duane had his faults, and I can guarantee that the new guy does too. These same guys will be calling Prater a "sell out" or whatever in a couple years.

Bingo!

He walked the line, then got in his Cadillac paid for by ALPO and drove to his 5 star hotel. Do you know when Duane's last flight as a line pilot was??? Years and years ago. You are a moron, plain and simple.

That's a ridiculous statement.

What kind of car does the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation drive on company business? What kind of hotels do the CEOs stay at?

The President of ALPA is the CEO of a large non-profit corporation, and he deserves to be treated as such. If our union is going to compete with management, we need to be on their level to be taken seriously. You may hate Duane for his callousness, but you have to applaud him for running this union like a business and keeping it solvent. We were broke when he took over.

And I promise you that Prater isn't going to drive a Honda and stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back