Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATR-DRIVR

Used Register
I have never been a cfi or instructor at anytime and have a question about dual logged. As a pvt pilot recieving dual for inst or comm, how is that logged? Twin time also, ie multi-rated preparing for ATP. Thanks.

ATR-DRIVR said:
I have never been a cfi or instructor at anytime and have a question about dual logged. As a pvt pilot receiving dual for inst or comm, how is that logged? Twin time also, ie multi-rated preparing for ATP. Thanks.
If I understand you correctly, in both cases the pilot already has a pilot certificate with the appropriate aircraft category and class ratings printed on the back of his pilot certificate.

If that's the case, the answer is pretty straightforward.

the pilot receiving training may log cat/class time, training received, and PIC (for the time the pilot is on the controls), the applicable flight conditions, and total flight time

the instructor may log cat/class time, training given, and PIC (based on acting as an instructor). Flight conditions also, with the somewhat obvious limitation that the CFI doesn't log instrument time when the "student" is under the hood

Latest resources

Back