Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
For all you folks out there that has not landed on the newest runway in North America, you better do it soon.

The new runway in Detroit (22R/04L) has failed ALL of the FAA durability tests. This does not mean the runway is unsafe, it simply means that the runway will not last. The FAA predicts that repairs will be needed in the next six months. Wayne County Airport is considering ripping the whole runway up and start from scratch. OUCH that hurts.

Oh by the way the new terminal is schedualed to open Feb. 24 this year, but most of the people I have talked to that have taken a tour of the facilities have said there is still much to do on the inside. I guess only time will tell.

wooo

Either there must be some FNGs landing hard on that runway, or it, as you state, just isn't strong enough.

I bridged over to DTW recently and it was cool to do a pseudo 4 airplane staggered/near parallel approach using the 21s and 22s. Sounds lame, but it was probably the highlight of our trip.

I've have also heard rumors that the new DTW terminal is still being worked on. Glad I wont be over there when it's opening. First week or so is gonna be a circus and then some.

Latest resources

Back