• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DTW area question

brew3departure

Da Bears...Bears...Bears
Total Time
Hi there,

Wondering if some folks in the DTW area can help me out. I'm looking to travel up there to take in a Tigers game at Comerica Park soon. Is there public transportation that will go from the airport to the park? Or am I renting a car or cabbing it?

Looking at mapquest, it looks like it's a little bit of a hike to the park from the airport.

I was at the old Tiger Stadium but haven't been to the new one yet - anything positive or negative, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance!
-brew3

Spinn555

Total Time
A few
No sarcasm here...

There are little, if no, mass transit options from DTW to Downtown.

There is the only cab service, called "Metro Cars", but they are actually Lincolns, with leather seats. It's more like a limo service. Big bucks too.

Rental car is the only way to go. Cheapest option. And most importantly, the SAFEST option.

brew3departure

Da Bears...Bears...Bears
Total Time
Thanks for the info...

I appreciate it -- as it turns out, the folks I'm staying with are going to go to the game as well; do appreciate the information, though!

Take care,
-brew3