DSM based corportations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acat

I saw a few job openings in the Des Moines area on the internet. Mid American Energy, Kum and Go, and one that was confidential. Does anyone know anything about these companies? QOL, aircraft operated, compensation?
Thanks in advance!

Mid american has a falcon 50 i believe. Could you post the link to the confidential ad, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

Last edited:
PILOT, Professional Des Moines based flight department interested in adding a crew member.
Requirements: Commercial, Multi- engine, Instrument ratings a must. ATP rating preferred, Turbine time a plus.
Company Benefits:

Contact Information: N/A

Company Name Withheld M- 9460391 , PO Box 957 Des Moines, IA, 50323 US

Townsend Engineering operates a Citation X (or at least used to). Principal Financial has a reasonably large flight department. A long time ago, my sister, who was a fund manager for them, bumped into my PPL instructor (I got my PPL at DSM). He has CE500, 560XL, DA50 and DA200 ratings, so I assume Principal is using those types (or he got a new job that I didn't hear about).

Principal Financial (CE680 and CE560XL) Interviewed with them 2.5 yrs ago...didn't get hired because they wanted a "co-pilot" for their CE560XL. I was "over-qualified" so I was told. They are the type that fly on with PIC's and SIC's, no co-captains (so I heard anyway). Very strong company though.

Pioneer - (Lear 45 and 55, I think) I have two buddies that work there and they love it. I don't believe there is much turnover.

Kum and Go - (CE560) I don't know much about them.

Mid-American - (FA50) I haven't heard too much about them either.

TMC Trucking (Hawker 800XP) - Privately owned trucking company where they have 2 pilot's for one airplane. I know they just hired about 9 months ago.

A construction company which I can't remember their name. They fly a King Air 350 and 200. Ran into their CP a while back and he was cool to talk to.

Other than that, pretty limited there. Good luck.

Last edited:
Principal Financial (CE680 and CE560XL) Interviewed with them 2.5 yrs ago...didn't get hired because they wanted a "co-pilot" for their CE560XL. I was "over-qualified" so I was told. They are the type that fly on with PIC's and SIC's, no co-captains (so I heard anyway). Very strong company though.

Pioneer - (Lear 45 and 55, I think) I have two buddies that work there and they love it. I don't believe there is much turnover.

Kum and Go - (CE560) I don't know much about them.

Mid-American - (FA50) I haven't heard too much about them either.

TMC Trucking (Hawker 800XP) - Privately owned trucking company where they have 2 pilot's for one airplane. I know they just hired about 9 months ago.

A construction company which I can't remember their name. They fly a King Air 350 and 200. Ran into their CP a while back and he was cool to talk to.

Other than that, pretty limited there. Good luck.

McAninch Construction They start at 65K for the 200 and 70K for the 350.

I saw a few job openings in the Des Moines area on the internet. Mid American Energy, Kum and Go, and one that was confidential. Does anyone know anything about these companies? QOL, aircraft operated, compensation?
Thanks in advance!

Where did you see these postings? Just curious. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back