Drunk at NW...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

Heard a NW A320 in Detroit flight cx'ed last night becasue a pax accused the FO of being drunk...

anyone have any deets??

Heard a NW A320 in Detroit flight cx'ed last night becasue a pax accused the FO of being drunk...

anyone have any deets??

And where did you "hear" this? Perhaps you should consider using "accused of" in your title rather than the assumption of guilt. Classy.

More than likely a pax making a wise @ss remark about pilots and drinking and the crew insisting on getting tested. Might have been at the end of a long duty day and they timed out?

Last edited:
A passenger accusing a crewmember(s) of being drunk, alone, would not cancel a flight. There have been steps put into place to deal with the accuasations that can quickly clear the crewmember(s).

That simple issue can be resolved quickly. However, if there is fire where's there is smoke, then that might cancel a flight if there was no reserve available or there were duty time issues.

I have been accused, and when there is not someone to administer the test at the airport you need to go off location. If that happens the flight gets canceled. No biggie.

I've been asked in a jovial manner....and I have answered in the same manner..."Drinking doesn't go well with my heart medication". They laugh...I laugh and it is all over.

I have yet to be asked in a serious tone.

I've been asked in a jovial manner....and I have answered in the same manner..."Drinking doesn't go well with my heart medication". They laugh...I laugh and it is all over.

I have yet to be asked in a serious tone.

I'm glad you are OK with having your professional reputation questioned, even in jest. Imagine the reaction if you joked with a priest "molest any little boys today?", or your investment adviser "embezzle and funds today?"

Anyone who is stupid enough to make such comments deserves to be shut down and hard.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back