Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

I just flew into DRT. I haven't been here for a while, and I see that a CAL Connection Saab is parked here. Last time I was here, there was no scheduled service. Who is flying into DRT now???

C U!
cliff
DRT

PS-The new Hampton Inn is awesome! Too bad they didn't have rooms tonight.

Colgan, in the Sweedish Love Machine with long-haul, non stop, all first class trans-state service from Houston Intergalatic Aerodrome.

I've done it. Great airport... no vasi, no papi, no ils... lots of fun. If you're not a real pilot, dont try to fly in here at night.

I've done it. Great airport... no vasi, no papi, no ils... lots of fun. If you're not a real pilot, dont try to fly in here at night.

And some of us were flying into DRT long before you even got you license

All those Colgan pilots seem to have this mentality. Last time I DH'd on Colgan the CA was waiting at the bottom of the stairs to ask us what we thought about his landing. His comment, "Pretty damn good for a straight leg airplane wasn't it?" My response, "yes it was." My thoughts, "Is this guy really serious? Get a life."

Hi!

I was talking to an A-10 guy and got a whole different perspective on landings. For the AF fighter-type guys (and I'm including the A-10 here!), they don't "grade" or compare how "good" their landings are.

They either "Land" or they don't. Landing is about the #100 thing they're worried about, with 99 other things that are more important. If they can taxi off the runway, they landed, end of conversation.

cliff
YIP

PS-I do realize for you carrier guys, that landing IS a big deal for you. I read that night carrier landings are MORE stressful than air-to-air combat!!!

PPS-I had a black and white 12" Powerbook with a crappy screen, without a "stick" (just the ball and mouse buttons) and it took me FOREVER to successfully land the F-18. At least 100 tries until I actually did it.

All those Colgan pilots seem to have this mentality. Last time I DH'd on Colgan the CA was waiting at the bottom of the stairs to ask us what we thought about his landing. His comment, "Pretty dang good for a straight leg airplane wasn't it?" My response, "yes it was." My thoughts, "Is this guy really serious? Get a life."

Auburn flight team? its the pot calling the kettle black.....

I have no affiliation now nor ever with the Auburn Flight Team. But I hope they do well. War Eagle. I was just a lowly instructor there at one point in time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back