Droid logbook pro and 121 operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scoreboardII

This is a Droid, logbook, part 121/major specific topic.

Anyone paying the "dime" I say jestingly for the use of logbook pro and the cloud sync?

Pro is $100
Sync is another $30 a year
And schedule importer is another $40

Your into it for $170 bones before you can even use the "free" droid App and then another $70 per year to stay connected. Add anopther %50 if you want to backup to the cloud.

I used this back in the PDA days but then it became to unstable with all the changes occuring with each PDA update.

Now, I don't begrudge anyone their due, and if it works great, but from all the reviews there is no Airline pilot specialized droid app like the old APDL, just the regular pilot guy app, so lots of cabablity to define restrictions like the new FAA time rules is unusable.

Anyone use it, can it be made to do what the FAA will be requiring? My take is I'll wait two more years until the dust settles then buy in if it solves a bigger problem than it creates.

Good idea to wait two years. Buy then you will be eligible to buy a new phone. Buy the iPhone. It works great on iPhone.:lol:

I use LBpro and the apple app which is very similar if not the same as the adroid I would imagine in functionality. I don't like paying the fees every year, but it is tax deductible. The app works pretty well. Once a month I cut and paste my schedule into the web page and everything pops up in my iphone app and calendar. I put actual times in after each flight and next time the app opens in wifi it syncs with the cloud and I'm done. I hadn't planned on keeping a logbook forever but this is easy so why not, just in case something bad happens and I need one. It doesn't do all the 121 stuff like 30/7 etc. like APDL(which I still think was better) did, but that's schedulings job. And no, I don't work for LBpro.

Last edited:
That sounds good, but for the coin they ask, I would think they could pony up a better currency or variable currency tracking option. Your point on "its schedulings job" is innaccurate. I've seen scheduling screw up, and then the company self report to the FAA, and the pilot takes it in the shorts for accepting an illegal pairing. Hence, my desire to get it right with the software available.

Latest resources

Back