Driving Record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PoorGuy

I know this has been covered, and I've done a search of this board on this topic, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Two years ago I was arrested for Reckless driving (speeding). I was released from jail under my own recognizance, hired a lawyer, and got the charges reduced to a speeding ticket. My question is how this will affect me in the future as far as getting a job with an airline one day (maybe two or three years from now)? Anyone have a similiar situation?

Thanks in advance

PoorGuy said:
I know this has been covered, and I've done a search of this board on this topic, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Two years ago I was arrested for Reckless driving (speeding). I was released from jail under my own recognizance, hired a lawyer, and got the charges reduced to a speeding ticket. My question is how this will affect me in the future as far as getting a job with an airline one day (maybe two or three years from now)? Anyone have a similiar situation?

Thanks in advance
So what is your arrest charge? Or do you not have a record but just a speeding moving violation?

In any case, it probably depends on the company, and if it's more than a few years down the road, a lot of companies only look at your last 3 year history.

A clean driving record is obviously better, but one or two speeding tickets might not hurt you. Just keep the speed down and keep from getting tickets and you should be fine.

If you have an arrest on record, you will have a lot more problems.

I was speeding on my motorcycle.... approximately 40 miles over the speed limit on the freeway.
The charge was reduced to a speeding ticket, but when the cop arrested me, he initially called it reckless driving.

Does reckless driving= DWI? That is the only thing I have ever heard of. Friends getting arrested for DWI, it being reduced to a reckless driving charge, and then their lawyers fighting for speeding.

Is this you?

there was no alcohol involved. I was simply going really fast on my bike, and the police officer decided to stick it to me good. that is why it was reduced to a speeding ticket.... that and i have a clean record outside of this incident.

PoorGuy said:
there was no alcohol involved. I was simply going really fast on my bike, and the police officer decided to stick it to me good. that is why it was reduced to a speeding ticket.... that and i have a clean record outside of this incident.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, just try to keep any more infractions from hitting your driving record.

PoorGuy said:
there was no alcohol involved. I was simply going really fast on my bike, and the police officer decided to stick it to me good.

I think his motivation was to figuratively knock some sense into an obviously thick and not-too-bright skull. Did it work or do you still believe going "really fast" on your bike, doing 40+ over the limit on a freeway on a motorcycle is not "reckless" and just plain stupid?

If it worked, then you have a chance at a career in this business. If it didn't, then I'd pursue another line of work. The interview processes at the various airlines will weed you out in no time.

Whatever the charge was doesn't mean squat. You were convicted of speeding and that is what you need to report on your application, period. As far as I know, we still live in the good ole USA.

Latest resources

Back