• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drinking policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe when you were working, but what does this have to do with drinking policies in corporate flight departments?

Read Gutshotdraw's post. He quotes the alcohol consumption policy of four organizations, then responds to a comment from Rez (sorta) mocking corporate flying.

GV

If a passenger (or a pilot for that matter) has an emergency with a sick or injured family member, they will never forget you if you can get them home. I know this from experience. I suspect that if you were unable to launch because of drinking, they would never forget you for that either.

.....time for mouthwash and visine......

We stick with the FAA rules..plus nothing before 5 pm local on weekdays or if you on the road with the aircraft for a weekend. Weekends belong to you if you are home. We try to normalize the life of our guys as much as possible.

8 hrs, unless we are released from duty with a solid TTR for departure.

I would comment in detail but I don't think it would be wise, let's just say our company did ban any alcohol on the road and for 12 hours before a trip...this has kind of mutated over time into something different.

One of the discussions that comes up often is that after duty (say 1800) it's personal/rest time, and can the company regulate that? Black and white it isn't, but let's just say that there's plenty of room for responsiblity and good judgement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back