Dress Code

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TranSporter

Jump seating on Frontier in the morning. Can anyone tell me what the dress code is? Of course I will go in business casual unless they are more relaxed than that.

Is it So hard to wear something besides jeans and a Sweatshirt?
shorts and Flip Fops?
A pair of Dockers and a shirt with a collar. Real Hard!!!!!!

business casual.. jeans are fine for non-revs, but if you might end up in the cockpit just wear slacks and a collar.

You have got to be kidding. Put on a pear of slacks and a dress shirt and go to the airport and get on. I'm sick of all these "professional pilots," that want to be paid like a professional but can't be bothered looking like a professional.

You have got to be kidding. Put on a pear of slacks and a dress shirt and go to the airport and get on. I'm sick of all these "professional pilots," that want to be paid like a professional but can't be bothered looking like a professional.

You mean to tell me that my usual wifebeater, shorts and sandals with coors light in hand is not appropriate?

This profession blows.

At my company if you end up in a jumpseat, you can't be in jeans; or open-toed shoes for you ladies.

Like the others are saying, just go business casual and be safe/mature/professional and what not.

Had a mesa guy in the js once orange county to las, jeans and tennis shoes, we let him ride. Once we got to las the capt told him what the dress code was and that in the future "try to look like a professional". We didn't want to deny another pilot, but on the other hand, play the part! It's not that hard! He grabbed his backpack and ipod quickly and said "thanks"; it's all good some guy's just learn slower.

Jump seating on Frontier in the morning. Can anyone tell me what the dress code is? Of course I will go in business casual unless they are more relaxed than that.

You know perfectly well what you need to wear.

What you're really asking is can you be a slouch and get by with jeans.

Pathetic.

If throwing on dockers for a free ride is too much for you, then you truly are a lazy POS.

Last edited:
I thought I would just let all your crap advice slide but I just can't. So here is the rest of the story.

I'm sitting at home at 9:00p.m. getting packed for a trip to see my new Grandchild. My wife says, "what is Frontier's dress code." I tell her they are all about the same, business casual is always good. She isn't satisfied and wants to know. So I say, "I know where I can get a quick reply from an F9 guy and she will be satisfied." One quick post and 8 smart ass responses later and I know why I have only made 7 posts on this board in 5 years.

I wore my uniform, my wife looked very nice and we got a ride on 2 Frontier jets that got us to SLC. Thanks F9 guys for the hospitality. To the rest of you who feel you had to pass judgment on my professionalism...kiss off.

Latest resources

Back