Dreamers and Crazies!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MTpilot

Adventure, Excitement, where are all the fun jobs in aviation I don't mind getting shot at. Anybody know of anything like the CAC happening now or maybe something different and fun, Glory..... white scarves and daring do, that sort of thing, I'm sick of all this talk of instruction and regionals hiring and class dates and whether or not you can go at night with no landing light and the airplane out of hundred hour! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTpilot said:
Adventure, Excitement, where are all the fun jobs in aviation I don't mind getting shot at. Anybody know of anything like the CAC happening now or maybe something different and fun, Glory..... white scarves and daring do, that sort of thing, I'm sick of all this talk of instruction and regionals hiring and class dates and whether or not you can go at night with no landing light and the airplane out of hundred hour! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you wan't excitement, fun and adventure in an aviation related field, why don't you hit the nearest DZ and get some skydiving in you. You only need about 500 jumps to become a Tandem Jumpmaster. If you are real good at flying your body, you could try for AFF jumpmaster.

FN FAL said:
If you wan't excitement, fun and adventure in an aviation related field, why don't you hit the nearest DZ and get some skydiving in you. .
Naw, been there done that. IT's only exciting if there are crazies on the ground shooting at you. Or there could be. And your country doesn't have diplomatic relations with them.

Naw, what you want is get the Type (LOA) in a TBM, or a Skyraider, go fly at 500 feet with a monster radial engine spitting at you. line up for a torp drop, at 30 feet and 110.

go rent a mig 29. scare the snot out of yourself.
sign up for formation flying. i'm going in July, with some friends who own the same kind of plane that I do.
Get your FAST cert.

Last edited:
I know what you mean though. I often gravitate towards the more adventurous and unusual myself. Flying airliners looks about as fun as watching paint dry. There are always going to be those people who think flying airliners IS aviation, and if you arent an airline pilot, you are crap.

Forest fire aviation can be fun. Weather Modification flying can be interesting too. living and flying in a foreign country is an experience. So is ferrying a GA airplane from Asia back to the US.

I was able to do all of that in the past 12 months.

fire fighting
aerial application
any low level job such as pipeline patrol
law enforcement including Border Patrol & Customs
anything military

MTpilot said:

I knew a guy that flew oil company geology/pipeline work in west africa, made great money flying a c-337. The same company had stuff all over the world on oil company and state department related stuff. Not sure on company name though. Others like it do exist.

State dept and relief stuff for Air Serv. From piston singles to king airs and twin otters. Not sure on pay. http://www.airserv.org/qualifications.html#pilot these are the mins, not sure what it takes to get the job. Applied there when I had the mins and never heard anything

Latest resources

Back