Dream Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gobigred1

As a regional pilot not excited about the idea of making a career at the regionals or flying for the low fare carriers whose boarding areas look like Greyhound terminals I am thinking about making the jump to corporate and am doing research. I was wondering if the corporate world has the "dream jobs" that the airlines do? I heard Coke, Home Depot and Walmart are the cream of the crop. I am not arrogant enough to think I will get a job like this right out of the blocks but would like to know who are the ones to measure others by. Also, where can I find info on corporate flight departments?

Thanks for your thoughts

Last edited:
If you think the low fare boarding areas look like greyhound terminals, you should see the Wal-Mart "terminal". :eek: :D

Guess that was a stupid question to ask. I honestly don't know a whole lot about the corporate world and was hoping for some direction.

1., Get a subscription to Forbes.
2., Start hanging out at the corporate "hubs", TEB, VNY, etc. See who's got the nice shiny new jets and go from there.

Please beware that not all the "Dream Jobs" may be as good as they appear. I know of a few large Fortune 500 flight departments that have a revolving door for flight crews.......and from the outside looking in, you would think the job would be a career type job.

I guess, I'm saying you not only have to find a job, but find one that fits you and your goals, lifestyle, and personality.

My thoughts,
SCT

501261 hit it on the head.

SCT said:
Please beware that not all the "Dream Jobs" may be as good as they appear. I know of a few large Fortune 500 flight departments that have a revolving door for flight crews.......and from the outside looking in, you would think the job would be a career type job.

I guess, I'm saying you not only have to find a job, but find one that fits you and your goals, lifestyle, and personality.

This is accurate. Revolving door based on politics and looking out for "no. 1" by the chief pilot or captain. Job security is a joke. No union, nowhere to turn if there are problems and everyone looking out for themselves. I remember hearing quotes like "if you tell the boss you can't do it, you will be buying a ticket home after they hire someone else to fill your seat". That's the way some of companies work.

Beware of any company with a single crew for each aircraft. No flexibility. Beware of the full part 91 operation. No rest requirements and basically no regulation.

Beware of the full part 91 operation. No rest requirements and basically no regulation.
Yeah, flying corporate really sucks. There's not a single company in this country that operates with a GOM. No companies even take the time to develope their own duty times and standardization. Nobody cares about safety. God knows you have to have a union for all that stuff. And how can you possibly earn a fair wage without union representation? Whatever.....pull your head out of your @ss.

Yeah... I've been flying 24/7 since they hired me 7 years ago, and our managment wipes there asses with the FAR.

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back