• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DP's, climb gradient, 2nd segment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are also known as SDP's or special departure procedures; specific to each aircraft type, carrier, and location they are escape maneuvers in the event of an engine failure if you cannot meet the climb specified in the SID. Jepp has both civilian and military contracts to develop these for the more difficult airports that aircraft operate from. In the absence of these you must still meet the climb specified in the SID, of course with one engine inoperative.

I guess I'm in the 3/4. What are the pink Jepp pages about? They sound real good.

You can also get the same data from Aircraft Perfomance Group. It is provided to to you free of charge (well sort of)if you have a full service contract with AirInc. Very worth while.

It is plate 10-4 is printed on pink paper so you can't miss it, normally states a turn to a specific heading based on a dme. As said above its basically to avoid terrain and ours is based on a 15 degree banked turn.(747)

Has anyone ever seen an "all-engines operational" climb chart for any of the multi-engine turbo-jet aircraft we're flying? I you have, let me know - the manufacturers are required to give you that data and they don't....

LS
Sled...what, specifically, requires the manufacturers to give all-engine performance data? I can't recall having seen that requirement.

Fly safe!

David

Latest resources

Back