DPJ Delta Private Jets training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JamesMarcelle

Looking for anyone who has left Delta Private Jets while still under a training contract.
Did they come after you with a lawsuit? Did you fight it? what was the outcome?

Also interested in current conditions at the company, and if any fleets or aircraft are ever meeting their monthly hourly goals?

Thanks in advance to all who can help

There is quite a bit on here if you do a search, also search 'segrave' as that is who took over the place. Be forewarned, there is not a single good thing said about them.

DPJ will come after you for any money they can get from you and they have no problem destroying your credit rating in the process. I was fortunate to leave with only 2 weeks left in my training contract and they tried to collect 2 weeks worth of money but the CP told me not to worry about it. My lawyer told me that the training contract is a legal obligation and enforceable. I know other guys who were served a summons by a sheriff. The training contract price also includes hotel and per diem costs and the cost of school.
The contract is also worded to include a 4 year commitment. Others have not heeded my warnings and they rue the day that they signed up.
Be very careful you have been warned

Last edited:
Listen to BayBum. Everything he said is spot on except the "don't worry about it" part. Be very Worried!

I had two months and change left on contract and they came after me a year later. Fortunately, due to family connections, my attorney fees were free. The contract is enforceable and you can pay or receive a judgement against you. They came after me for 5k and negotiated down to around 2k.

I will add that you could counter with a fraud suit as they continuously change pay, work rules, etc. but it would be inadvisable due to attorney fees. Mine would not touch it for what he considered such a small amount of money in suit.

Not sure how this would play out legally, but in retrospect I would NOT have given two weeks notice. I would have gotten myself terminated somehow and rolled the dice. Sad, when doing the right thing is so penalizing. Good LUCK!

thanks guys for the responses. I am not looking for info because i am thinking about going there. But more specifically info from those who are there about current working conditions, and changes that the company made to pay, schedule, etc that may void the training contract. How can they hold you to a training contract and then change the terms of your pay and schedule? Sounds to me that they would be liable for breach of contract.

Looking for anyone who has left Delta Private Jets while still under a training contract.
Did they come after you with a lawsuit? Did you fight it? what was the outcome?

Also interested in current conditions at the company, and if any fleets or aircraft are ever meeting their monthly hourly goals?

Thanks in advance to all who can help
Lets see. You obviously don't work there because you are asking about the working conditions yet you must be considering going there but would leave if something better came along but you would still have a type. You sure seem to have the kind of character I would be looking for.

I worked there when it was seagrave. I have done 135 ops over 10 years and by far the worst place to go work for. Be warned.

Latest resources

Back