DP question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sleddriver71

My eyes!!! It burns! How dare you have us look at those NOS charts. Please, have a little decency and use Jepps.

Thanks for the responses.

ASquared-- I was wondering if it was a TERPS thing, but your explanation makes sense.

Midlife-- Mostly flat. You don't start to cross the Blue Ridge Mountains until you get west of those transitions.

Sleddriver-- When my boss pays for Jepps I'll start using them (though I prefer them). Until then, I'm just a dirt poor CFI.

groundpointsix,

Seriously though, the main thing I have against NOS plates is that they confuse me. Some people prefer them over Jepps, heck they're definitely cheaper. What's my point, I don't know...

You need to rename the topic of your post!!

I Immediately clicked on it thinking it was about experiences involving two guys and a girl!
:)

groundpointsix said:
Yeast1 departure out of RIC. Can someone explain to me why DME is required? It seems to me that every fix can be identified by cross radial and you shouldn't need DME.
It would appear that you are correct. Was the DME requirement on the previous version? If not, the DME statement could just be a typo. I'm sure that someone will soon tell us :)
The best way to get info around here is to write something incorrect as there is no shortage of smarties who are always ready to correct you.

I don't know the area. Other than an error by the charting office, two possibilities come to mind - VOR service volume for the crossing VORs and topography - any mountains in the area that might affect line of sight capability for some of the intersection cross-radials?

I think it's probably bacasue the fixes really are *not* identifiable by crossing radial, at least not to any useful degree. Sure there's a crossing radial printed on each one, but look at DRAIK and SANNY intersections. Their "crossing radials" cross at 41 and 34 degrees, respectively. A shallow intersection angle gives a very indefinate fix, especially when one of the VORs is 112 nm away (SANNY Int). The TERPS does not specifically address intersections for SIDS, but a holding fix must have an angle of intersection of at least 45 degrees to be acceptable. Neither of these fixes meet this criteria.

flyburg said:
You need to rename the topic of your post!!

I Immediately clicked on it thinking it was about experiences involving two guys and a girl!
:)

Man, I had to laugh....same thing I was thinkin'.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back