Doug takes a shot at Dave

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BLUE BAYOU said:
There is no furlough policy because we don't furlough, never have and never will, jerk. We can send the entire work group to minimum hours and keep everyone, saving on premium pay (just like we did after 9/11 for a month) because there is no union. A typical captain here on the bus makes more than most equivelent bus captains at UAUA with premium pay, so stop dragging down the industry pay!!!! And by the way, blue is spelled, err, ahh, B L U E... I think JBLU has the chemistry to make it all the way, because we have the best group of pilots around, many of whom use to wear your colors, idiot!!!

I can't believe I'm nearly defending 32LT cuz quite frankly I think he's an arsehole. Being an arsehole does not invalidate his inqueries, however.

Blue Bayou, your whole "there is no policy because we have never furloughed" it quite simply the saddest thing I've ever read coming from a professional pilot. Do you really believe that B6 is totally immune from furloughs? There is no conceivable plan that would end in the furlough of your fellow pilots. What if it's the 320 that is fat on pilots? Surely there are 190 pilots that are junior to the 320 pilots.. who hits the streets, no matter how temporary...?

As far as your slamming your d*ck on the table to measure out who gets paid more, just remember that everyone else had to shrivel up to your size. That is why you are "competitive".

Regards (and I do mean that.. I have more friends at JB than any other company.. I mean no ill will, just a view of the reality of the situation).

Patriot328 said:
I can't believe I'm nearly defending 32LT cuz quite frankly I think he's an arsehole. Being an arsehole does not invalidate his inqueries, however.

Blue Bayou, your whole "there is no policy because we have never furloughed" it quite simply the saddest thing I've ever read coming from a professional pilot. Do you really believe that B6 is totally immune from furloughs? There is no conceivable plan that would end in the furlough of your fellow pilots. What if it's the 320 that is fat on pilots? Surely there are 190 pilots that are junior to the 320 pilots.. who hits the streets, no matter how temporary...?

As far as your slamming your d*ck on the table to measure out who gets paid more, just remember that everyone else had to shrivel up to your size. That is why you are "competitive".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are guaranteed 70 hours for the duration of our contracts. Seniority rules. The reason no is responding to the questions is that most of us have left this site.

Last edited:
savin47 said:
We are guaranteed 70 hours for the duration of our contracts. Seniority rules. The reason no is responding to the questions is that most of us have left this site.

How can you respond yet be gone at the same time? If you read and respond does that constitute leaving the forum? There were plenty of JBLU pilots commenting on this issue yet none answered the question. The only attempt at an answer was from someone claiming it will never happen.

If the hard times come and the company puts everyone on 70 hours to save jobs that would be a first that I have ever heard of in the industry. If it happens then kudos to you guys for the effort. However, I do wonder if it would actually happen that way in the end.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back