• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Double occupancy during training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't have to worry about double ocupancy hotels at Trans States. No hotel for you!

I remember when getting a room with only two people in it was a luxury, unlike 6 men in a room 16' x 12', stacked two high, of course that was officer's quarter.

No kidding, since I took the enlisted road, It was more like 50 or so of us in a room for the first 8 weeks.We then got 4 to a room when we were sent to train for our specific jobs. AIT.

Didn't most of you guys have dorm mates in college? And if you're working for an airline that doesn't pay for a room, I bet alot of guys buddy-up to cover costs. Yeah I agree one to a room is great, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me taking a job somewhere.

Mesa doesn't pay for your hotel until two days prior to your sim training. It's actually not a hotel either they put you up in roach infested houses at Williams Gateway Airport if you stay in Phoenix for your sim. Which means that you have to pay for your hotel during indoc, systems, and waiting for your oral, which is about 5 weeks depending how incompontnet their scheduling department is. Also, since they won't give you a ticket to go home unless you have more than a 5 day break you're pretty much stuck.

Alright! Way to go ALPA!:rolleyes:

AWAC is single occupancy. The hotel room is yours as long as you're there for training whether you want to go home or not. Plus, they start paying you your guarantee the day before training starts because you have to travel that day to get to ground school on time. Now that's the way it should be done.
Eagle does that and pays you per diem, it is nice making 2 grand a month while sitting in training, not all places are like Mesa.

Eagle does that and pays you per diem, it is nice making 2 grand a month while sitting in training, not all places are like Mesa.

PSA does the same, 24 hour per diem from Day one of training (actually the day before for the travel)

and now for the small print disclaimer:I tell guys they'll make more during training then when out online, sad but true! And before anyone attacks me, we are an Alpa carrier, it's in the contract and I had nothing to do with it except paying my dues (And I am still a full dues paying member!)

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

You don't have to worry about double ocupancy hotels at Trans States. No hotel for you!

Yeah, but at least you get the whopping 60 hours of pay during initial!

Latest resources

Back