• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DOT awards US Airways and Delta China Routes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
U.S. Airways is way late in this China game. Getting another sub-fleet just to accomodate this PHL-PEK is going to be a very expensive venture and quite risky. The competetion is also firing up as everyone got a piece of the cake this time around. It would directly compete with Continental's China presense to PEK, and HKG and soon to include PVG out of EWR. They have been doing it for years. I would give it a 50/50 chance right now.

U.S. Airways is way late in this China game. Getting another sub-fleet just to accomodate this PHL-PEK is going to be a very expensive venture and quite risky. The competetion is also firing up as everyone got a piece of the cake this time around. It would directly compete with Continental's China presense to PEK, and HKG and soon to include PVG out of EWR. They have been doing it for years. I would give it a 50/50 chance right now.

China is the most populous country in the world with a booming economy and a forecasted aviation growth rate well beyond anything out west. I don't think Cal's service to PEK or HKG is going to hurt LCC.

They are planning on serving Japan as well with the A340's so it won't be 5 airplanes dedicated solely to one route. I think they even mentioned Istanbul and Moscown as likely routes in the near future.

Latest resources

Back