Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dornier 328 Jet Pilots at ACA or Comair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Per Comair management no pilots will x-fer with the Do-Jet. No pilot will be hired with recall rights. Comair will preferential interview(not hire)ACA pilots. Of course DCI dictates who gets them. One thing is guarenteed if ACA executes there new low cost business plan they will not fly DAL colors.

ace120 said:
One thing is guarenteed if ACA executes there new low cost business plan they will not fly DAL colors.

Will you guys get off of this already? The vast majority of us at ACA realize this. Thank you.

This will make for an excellent poll even to those who are sick of polls -- but not yet. The offer has not been extended yet, the deal has been made. We will have to wait for the results of the December 15th "bid awards."

Talk about career roulette. Best of luck ACA folks, you are taking the most courageous action of the decade. You guys rock. :cool:

As stated on another thread, the 30 DO338's are probably a part of the RFP for 45 planes. Could Comair (or any other airline for that matter) absorb 30 planes on short notice??

Where would Comair fly these planes?

To the ACA folks, I hate to seem like we are picking over your company--we really do wish you luck with Independence and in fighting off that fu.ck nut JO.

j41driver,

Chill out, brother!!! People just like to speculate on their future, it's what we do as humans. So relax a bit and enjoy the journey.

Would anyone want the DO328 Jets? Fairchild Dornier has been insolvent and the owner of the 328Jet type certificate is up in the air. I imagine it's a great airplane but when the manufacturer is no longer in business that can get pretty expensive. Who own the type certificate right now on the 328 Jet? Who is supplying parts, etc.? I imagine the 328 Jet is probably pretty expensive to operate. Wasn't that part of the problems with Great Plains airlines' current financial problems? American Airlines is getting rid of their Fokker F-100s in part because of the high cost of maintaining an airplane where the manufacturer no longer exists. I can't see Comair or any other airline aquiring another aircraft type, let alone one where the manufacturer doesn't exist anymore. I'm sure the 328 Jet is a great airplane but I wonder if ACA will be the last in the U.S. to fly them.

Somebody has to pay for them (probably DAL) then do something with them. It will be a hard sell for another airline to buy them, and I doubt they can just right off the complete cost.

I'll bet one of the DCI carriers will soon be flying them.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
Would anyone want the DO328 Jets? Fairchild Dornier has been insolvent and the owner of the 328Jet type certificate is up in the air. I imagine it's a great airplane but when the manufacturer is no longer in business that can get pretty expensive. Who own the type certificate right now on the 328 Jet? Who is supplying parts, etc.? I imagine the 328 Jet is probably pretty expensive to operate. Wasn't that part of the problems with Great Plains airlines' current financial problems? American Airlines is getting rid of their Fokker F-100s in part because of the high cost of maintaining an airplane where the manufacturer no longer exists. I can't see Comair or any other airline aquiring another aircraft type, let alone one where the manufacturer doesn't exist anymore. I'm sure the 328 Jet is a great airplane but I wonder if ACA will be the last in the U.S. to fly them.

This is the reason that ACA is probably doing its best to get Delta to try and drop the DCI contract and thus force Delta to take back the DoJets. We are making little to no profit and do not want to get stuck with the Dorniers. I don't see Chatauqua or SkyWest wanting to take a chance on the aircraft so if Delta has to take them back, the logical assumption is that they will go to either ASA or Comair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back