Don't Count Out US Airways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheDonger said:
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/markets/rosssnel/10213912.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

With a little help from its friends, US Airways has increased its odds of successfully emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection -- much to the chagrin of some competitors. ..........

What the article fails to mention is that the worst thing which can happen for US Airways is for Delta to go to BK. That would level the playing field, Delta could drop prices in USAirways markets, and the pressure is right back on. I think US Airways will stick around in the future more because of political ties than viability.

Reading the aformentioned comment hoping US Airways goes out of business is sad. The average pilot age at US Airways is 54 -- where do you think they are going to get a flying job? They have families to support too. Lastly, I'd like to think as retirements happen those job openings will be filled by the guys at the regionals -- who in my opinion -- deserve it more than anybody.

My zoomie (small military school in Colorado) roomate spent 17 years at USAir and just re-started his career at another carrier this month. I told him it took lots of guts to start over. He wishes he had done it sooner. Don't depend on airline mgt to take care of you (nor ALPA). Survival of the fittest. It is a sad state but how long do you wait, how much do you keep giving to bad mgt? Other airlines NOT in BK are at a BIG disadvantage in this marginal profit business.

So let's say that USAir emerges out of BK. No pension. Poverty pay scale. Poor moral. The bar is lowered for EVERYBODY. Who wins?

spanky2 said:
So let's say that USAir emerges out of BK. No pension. Poverty pay scale. Poor moral. The bar is lowered for EVERYBODY. Who wins?

Management wins... because they will all give themselves bonuses!

say again said:
I hope they do. Great bunch of people!!

Yeah, especially the rampers in PHL and LGA!!

Latest resources

Back