Don't bother reading this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Slight Over Reaction

Hey Disco, I'll make it even easier for you to find me how about that. Sparky Harris NJA, Based out of Chicago, MDW. 800XP Program PIC. Does that help you at all. I wasn't slamming you so get off your rediculous horse. If you want to contact the majors and let the world know what I think then go for it. I have no problems with that. Go ahead and blackball me and do whatever you want. Just make sure that when you do you contact me and I will give you my address, SSN, home phone and whatever else you need to make it as easy as possible on that little pinhead of yours.

love
Sparky

For the record, I've drank enough to float a battleship. I'm no hypocrit by anymeans. My friends know me and my ways. I think there are atleast 4 guys on the street right now that are wishing they didn't do what they did. Life at NJA, is not perfect, never has been or will be. I think the perfect job is when you make 300grand a year and only have to work 8 days a month. Bet we would still be bitching.

sparticusflt said:
I read another post about dirinking on the road and what good is an overnight if you can't have a beer with your dinner. What the F#(*$ over? If you need to have a beer with your dinner or your life is not gonna be the same then maybe you should re-evaluate your life...
Wow, this has gotten out of control. Of course I like it at Netjets and of course I don't need a beer to make it through the week. If you read my other post you should've gotten that.
You should have known that when you were hired. This isn't the same game as the airlines, never has been and never will be.
I think that is the single most irritating comment that I hear at Netjets. Yes, I knew what fracs and Netjets were about when I applied here, but have some pride dude, if you think you're worth less that an airline pilot than guess what you're gonna get treated like it.

I don't think I or anyone of us is worth less then a major airline pilots. I don't believe we deserve less pay for what we do for a living. I've heard a lot of bitching about things at NJA and what not and it starts to torque me off. Especially when I hear new hires start to gripe when I know 20 guys on the streets right now that would give their left nut to be here. And when I know of one pilot from USAir that is working in a factory to pay the bills, mortgage and childrens education. Careful on how you bitch and where you bitch to. A lot of pilots on this board are trying to get a job here right now.

Hey Sparticusflt,

That does not mean we should settle and have the mentality that we do not deserve more. We all know people looking for work and getting furloughed, but that should not stop our negotiations. Bitching for 90% of us comes with the pilots license. I am sure you do not go day in and day out at NJA saying I LOVE MY JOB I LOVE MY JOB. We all have our bad days and career goals. Some people just handle it in different ways. While complaing does get old. You should not discourage your fellow pilots from trying to make things better in these tough times. One thing you should ask the complainers is what are you doing to make it better? If they say nothing then you have a right to say stop complaining. If they are working on things then ask how you can support them in their endeavor.

Believe me I know we deserve more even if their are pilots on the streets right now. And no I don't walk around every tour saying this is the worlds greatest gig. Last week was a long tour. On day five I had the massive sandbags under the ole eyes and all I wanted was a bed and beer pronto. I walked into EJM and the boys hanging out there basically said I looked like the walking dead. Most of the tour was spent waking up at 330, 4, 5am. We all know what that is like, you think that at the end of the day I didn't want a beer? Hell I want it all over here, want the money, the lifestyle, the schedule, retirement, benifits, medical innsurance, and disability. I want a minimum of atleast 12 hours rest at the end of a long day. I'll handle listening to the bitching and complaining, because at the end of the day we are pilots and its our god given right to bitch. But I will not accept bitching about crap that makes us look stupid to the public and to each other.
Especially since there are non flying people reading these boards

Four pilots lose their jobs over getting caught drinking and here on the board we are talking about how criminal it is to not be allowed to have a beer with our dinners? Come on already. I for one am starting to grow tired about the jokes from my civilian friends about pilots being drunk on the job. God knows I'm not the only one hearing that crap. USA is the only country where pilots actually get drug and alcohol tested, Europe, Australia, and Asia, their is actually enough respect for pilots where they don't have to worry about that crap. Hell my friend at BA can actually have a glass of wine with his dinner on board his aircraft in flight. If we are gonna bitch, do it in some creative manner on things that mean something instead of stuff that makes us look bad, stupid, and irresponsible.
just my .02 cents worth. Thats about all it's really worth.

Sparky Harris

sparticusflt said:
...you think that at the end of the day I didn't want a beer? Hell I want it all over here, want the money, the lifestyle, the schedule, retirement, benifits, medical innsurance, and disability.
I'm gonna throw up the white flag and suggest that basically we're both on the same page despite a disagreement over the way I phrased some stuff. And before you go off on the beer thing again, I hear ya:
I for one am starting to grow tired about the jokes from my civilian friends about pilots being drunk on the job.
Let me suggest that the people saying that are scared and ignorant, so the fact that I mentioned beer and flying in the same sentence should not lead everyone into a panic of planes dropping out of the sky, etc. due to irresponsible pilots. Your point about European pilots is an interesting one add to that:
Doctors in the US aren't even subjected to the scrutiny that US pilots are. This has always baffled me, you'd think you'd want the same kind of background check done on Doctors that are done on Pilots. Plus, I want my Doctor sober and rested before he cuts me open and starts fondling my organs.
I am starting to regret having brought the whole booze thing up, not because I'm worried everyone thinks I'm a lush, but because it is an unnecessary diversion from the big picture:
[Pilots at Netjets or at any commercial outfit deserve]it all...[I too] want the money, the lifestyle, the schedule, retirement, benifits, medical innsurance, and disability.

Life on the road for NJA. I believe you make the most of it, if your lucky to get a long island overnight you take advantage of it and appreciate it all the more. If your stuck in TEB on a 10 hour turn and have a dawn patrol the next day, well then thats just life at NJA. DEAL WITH IT!

Last week was a long tour. On day five I had the massive sandbags under the ole eyes and all I wanted was a bed and beer pronto. I walked into EJM and the boys hanging out there basically said I looked like the walking dead. Most of the tour was spent waking up at 330, 4, 5am.

sparticusflt,

DEAL WITH IT? Are you implying that a Netjet pilot should just suck-it-up and fly fatigued? That is the gist I am getting from your message. Are you aware that fatigue and alcohol have nearly the same negative effects on pilot performance? Are you saying it is wrong to have a beer while you are on the road, but it is o.k. to fly tired due to a short layover (10 hours) because both are clearly within the guidelines as they are spelled out in NJA's FOM?

NJA will never admit that their schedules are fatiguing. Neither will the company that I work for. They simply put the onus on us, to remove ourselves if we can't safely continue. If we don't, and we have an accident that can be attributed to pilot fatigue, rest assured they will let us hang to save their own asses.

Don't take this as a personal attack. I just get so fed up with the DEAL WITH IT and fly fatigued attitude. To continue to violate FAR's 91.13 / 61.53 until you negotiate better rest rules in your next contract is foolish and irresponsible. If NJA has a problem with you following the FAR's, maybe it's time to DEAL WITH IT and move on to a more responsible company.

life as a frac pilot

unfortunately, some views on here are knee jerks reactions and otherwise a smokescreen for someone who can't adequately express his or her view without blowing up.

First, to DISCO, mister military....Last time I checked i help pay your salary or did...How could you draw a line in the sand and insult people like me who has the utmost rspect for the uniform and the folks that are out there now.

one comment on the beer thing... we overnighted with a delta crew for months and the captain always stopped at three beers... so us commuter dogs did as well. it was a 17 hour rest period..thought it worked fine... with this topic and others, have you noticed the views are always extreme and then somtimes settle right in the middle, where it should...my mother told me anything in moderation..

finally, on the fractional, did the 121 thing, and have done corporate ....essentially i hated flying 1 leg and sitting the rest of the day... prefer to fly and go home....

i would give anything to have a job flying right now... it's ok to gripe , but there are plenty of us that would love to be a NJa pilot
BUT YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINION.REMEMBER THIS IS AMERICA AND TO DISCO, YOU TAKE ORDERS FROM CIVILIANS BOY...AT EASE!

Latest resources

Back