Domicile fo Colgan

OI812

Total Time
i went to colgan web page and it list all the bases.
anyone know there junior bases and the chances of getting SYR
thanks

vtchaz

Total Time
SYR is closing

SYR is currently a beech base only, and because most of the new hires are currently going to the SAAB, most new hires would probably not have a chance at it.

Now that being said, it's closing in November as a base, period. Sorry. Things change a lot around here, though, so who knows...maybe it will open again, and this time as SAAB. Doubtful though, because Piedmont opened up a base there again.

CRJDog

Supadawg!!!
Total Time
2MUCH
Is colgan losing USAir flying? just curious.

Prop2Jet

Total Time
Alot
Why would they loose flying? We are doing very well!

Snaab

Total Time
As far as the Saab goes, I'd say JST, JHW, ROC, ALB, and PQI are most junior for FOs. Things change and you can probably get where you'd like in a couple months.

BirdCatcher

Total Time
3:25pm
CRJDog said:
Is colgan losing USAir flying? just curious.
I guess they are loosing one airplane in ORK. SYR is closing as a base and there's a possibility Colgan might stop flying to JHW and BFD. Just like anything in this industry it is subject to change.

vtchaz

Total Time
They're not losing anything. I don't know what ORK is...do you mean ORF? Norfolk? That would be the most likely place for us to lose some flying with Air Wisconsin going in, but nothing yet.

The SYR plane is a beech and it's being realocated to ALB. As for JHW and BFD I've heard that we are voluntarily looking into cutting that flying. It's EAS and supposedly isn't worth flying anymore at our current contract rate. That doesn't mean we won't rebid for it at a different price. Who knows.

Bottom line, Colgan is doing very well, and not "losing" anything at the moment.

sf3boy

Total Time
i quit
Does Colgan hire street captains for the Saab?

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
sf3boy said:
They did earlier this year.

dh82dvr

Beer is good for you.
Total Time
1+
I'm sure they will have to hire street captains again, if they have not already done so.

As an FO I would suggest getting to a base where you can get as much time per month as possible so you can be in a position to upgrade.

BLing

Total Time
How long will they be hiring for the Saab?

Al Coholic

Total Time
Enough
Why would they loose flying? We are doing very well!
Doing very well in what?? Colgan is dead last in on time and completion.

As the merger with HP moves forward, you'll start to see your flying with US Air going away. You guys might have the best pilot group in the world, but your management sucks and US Air knows it..

skyhwk74

Total Time
100+
sf3boy said:
From a Colgan FO jumpseating with us last week, He said they have hired a few street captains into the IAH base.

sf3boy

Total Time
i quit
That will be good for all the Mesaba furloughs and downgrades.

BRA

Rollins Rules!
Total Time
On your resume put: Activities: Enjoy smoking pot and listening to Neil Young. Bullriding. Dating women without a full set of teeth.

May help get you the street captain interview call.