• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

D'oh!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta landed in Frankfurt, KY instead of Lexington one night several years ago. Northwest landed in the wroung COUNTRY not too long ago...although I can't remember the exact details. A Trans States flight landed at an airport outside Springfield, MO in the 90's by accident.

The "new old" Shuttle America (the Saab 340 iteration) confused Phillipsburg for State College a few years ago.

I can ALMOST see how that one might have occured, non-FMS airplane, relatively mountainous terrain without much help from center, etc, but you would think that at some point on the approach someone would have to say "you know, this just doesn't look right".

In a higher-tech airplane with all the usual aids, it's really unexcusable.

A NWA DC-9 landed at Grand Forks AFB instead of KGFK a few years back. I believe several mesaba flights may have done so also.

Windsor said:
A NWA DC-9 landed at Grand Forks AFB instead of KGFK a few years back. I believe several mesaba flights may have done so also.

Actually it was on purpose! the AFB was used as a supplemental while constructions was going at GFK. Not the same situation.

epic! said:
how does atc not notice these kinds of things?

PRobably workload, or maybe not paying attention. Who knows, they can't watch everything.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back