Dogfight on the History channel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mudkow60

Has anyone seen the show Dogfights on the History channel? I recommend it. Very interesting stuff. Great computer graphics recreate the fights and the actual pilots narrate the story.

I love flying helicopters but when I see stuff like that it makes me think back to my pre-selection days when I wanted to fly fighters.

Awesome series! I was glued to the set watching "Duke" Cunningham's 5 kills. The CGI helped appreciate the skill of the pilots and what they were doing right or wrong.

I especially liked the parts where Duke admitted to screwing up ....but not as bad as the other guy and what was really going through his mind as thge fight was occuring. Kinda insightful

Yeah, but they skipped the part after Duke and Willie punched out over the Gulf...Duke landed in the water near a Vietnamese corpse floating in the waves. He later said that at first he thought it was Willie, but then realized that the corpse was too good looking.

Nice! Dark, but nice!

They also left out the part about how Duke could be heading to jail. Unfortunately he's my congressman, and even though I'm a Republican, I really don't like the guy. But from what I've hear, he was a total tool from day one anyways.

There's no doubt he was a gutsy pilot-and talented too. It's just a shame he has drawn more negative attention than positive to himself since downing number five.

In my humble opinion, being a military officer means holding your self to a higher standard. That higher standard applies not only to flying, but to one's own integrity also.

mudkow60 said:
Has anyone seen the show Dogfights on the History channel? I recommend it. Very interesting stuff. Great computer graphics recreate the fights and the actual pilots narrate the story.

I love flying helicopters but when I see stuff like that it makes me think back to my pre-selection days when I wanted to fly fighters.

Are you flying for Hitron yet:)

The Dogfight show was great. Today they had an outstanding flick on Pappy. Nice to see the History Channels getting some new stuff.

Good stuff.

I am not sure if I am a HITRON candidate. I will be happy flying where and wherever the CG wants me. The board is 29 Nov so I am just awaiting the go or no go decision.

i started the post to shed light on a good program, not to bring ones political record in question.

NookyBooky said:
They also left out the part about how Duke could be heading to jail. Unfortunately he's my congressman, and even though I'm a Republican, I really don't like the guy. But from what I've hear, he was a total tool from day one anyways.

Why might he be headed to jail?

Latest resources

Back