Does the Premier have auto land?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

Someone was trying to tell me the Raytheon Premier has a full auto-land? Is this true? Any opinions on this airplane?

Last edited:
Premier

I did a demo flight in one. It did not have auto land. The brakes are terrible. It's very loud. I give it a D at best.

airludy said:
Someone was trying to tell me the Raytheon Premier has a full auto-land? Is the true? Any opinions on this airplane?

I don't think any of them do. The one i fly doesn't and the other one in our hanger doesn't either. I don't think that they have that as an option.

This has to be a joke. Just look at the airplane. How can anyone think a plane that ugly has autoland. ;).

TXGold

airludy said:
Someone was trying to tell me the Raytheon Premier has a full auto-land? Is the true? Any opinions on this airplane?
I don't know of any purpose built Corporate airplane that has auto-land... (BBJ might, but that was an airliner first)...

airludy said:

Based on its recent history I'd say its got "Auto LONG Land". Probably be better off with the front/side airbag option which I'm sure Raytheon must be working on by now:rolleyes: .

Judging by how many have run off the runway it certainly needs something !!!!

What is a better airplane in the same class? It seems there isnt much range or that good of performance on this airplane when its loaded up and has a few passengers on board

I think you have auto-land confused with the in-development auto-launch anchor option. Shoots an anchor out the back when it senses only 500 ft of runway left.

FlyFlyFly said:
I think you have auto-land confused with the in-development auto-launch anchor option. Shoots an anchor out the back when it senses only 500 ft of runway left.

Now folks, that's a good one!!

Latest resources

Back