• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>it just makes me look like a golf tee.<<

LOL !!

>>It's just that I'm too cheap to buy a lightweight set<<

Ive noticed a pattern... Its ALWAYS the senior captains, (who are making the most money) who wear the free Dave Clarks.

CaptainBrazilia said:
My company just issued a "Hat Otional" memo. I'm pretty excited, actually. I hate wearing the stinking things.
Agree? Disagree?

I hate hats. Just another thing to forget. Well fed and rested pilots look a lot more professional than the tired, hungry pilots I see running around airports with hats on.

BTW, it's Skywest who is making the hat optional.

I'm freakin' thrilled, I hate those darned things.

hats

Hats are cool man. The more gold and glitter the better. You can get more chicks by wearing the hat too! People will respect you more as a pilot by wearing one. I even wear mine when I go to bed at night!:cool:

Skyking

Optional Hats...

The funny thing was I got that memo around 6 am when I checked in and by the time I got to LAX three hours later I noticed a distinct lack of hats around the crew lounge....

More than a few pilots I spoke to read/heard about the new policy and without comment threw their hats immediately in the locker/back seat of their car/trash can.

One or two of the old guys seriously looked like the sky was falling and ranted and raved about "nothing being sacred," etc. Usually the same guys that cringe at the leather jackets.

My informal poll guesses about 60-70% will chuck the hats...

The hats can go in the summer as far as I'm concerned but I'd wear it in the winter for a little extra warmth. As for the jackets, get real. You look like the stereo typed fly by night drunk bastard pilot that has a girl in every state and sometimes two. In other words, it's not professional.

PS, baldness is not caused by wearing hats, heard so in a hair restoration commercial so it must be true hehehe.

Warmer in the winter....are you nutz or just NEW. The only good thing I ever found for a stupid uniform hat is a drink& key holder.

Now get yor biatch a$$ back in the galley and get me something to drink (ha).

"You look like the stereo typed fly by night drunk bastard pilot that has a girl in every state and sometimes two."

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Actually my wife makes me wear the hat during one of our little role-plays. "Oh, Mr. Skycap", she says, "can you bring me your luggage?" But that's probably too much information.

Hey, while were on the subject of David Clarks, does anyone have a pair of Telex Airman 750s they're looking to sell? My David Clarks may not be making me bald but my ears are starting to look like I wrestled in college.

Thanks for the PM.

I suppose everyone has their opinion on the hats, but here is something to think about. A few months ago one of our rjs had a gear fold on landing. From what I heard later was that all the passengers were wandering around and spreading out all over the runway, not staying in one spot. They were not sure where to go. The captain went back into the plane to get his hat and after he re-emerged from the airpane wearing it, all of the passengers formed around him and were all accounted for quickly. I asked about the incident in the cp's office later and it was confirmed. The point being the figure of authority in an unusual event.
just my 2 cents. not attached to my hat for sure.

Latest resources

Back