Does Spirit have displacemet rights?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok...here is the question

If a DTW FO goes to SJU as a Capt then decided they wanted to go back to DTW as a FO, would all of the displaced DTW FOs have priority over them to return to DTW (even if the SJU captain is more senior and wants to return to Detroit).

I think at some airlines displaced pilots had priority to return to their positon over a more senior pilot. Is it like that at Spirit?

No, There has to be an opening for your seat to get that position. If you are SJU based and want DTW you put DTW on your bid sheet and when a position for your seat in DTW opens you would get that seat.

I know there has to be a vacancy. Displacement rights at some airlines include the right to bump a junior pilot in any position when an involuntary displacement occurs, and priority to return to your previous position when a vacancy is posted.

Do the displaced DTW FOs have first priority to return to DTW. (even if someone more senior than them wants the position). For example a SJU captain who wants to go back to DTW vs. a displaced FO who is now in FLL.

I already know that involuntarily displaced pilots have the right to bumb at spirit, but do they have first priority to return to their previous position when a vacancy occurs?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back