• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Southwest have unlimited jumpseats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Love Machine has a great Jumpseat Policy, They take anyone they can fit!!

SWA guys understand the system and get equal treatment when jumpseating.

Not entirely true. Not banging on SWA crews at all. You guys are absolutely fantastic and I've never had a bad jumpseat experience on Southwest, both in dealing with your agents and with actual crews.

However, I have heard from a few co-workers that they were quite militant in enforcing the 2 jumpseater only rule for XJT in ONT. I think both companies were successful in getting it changed, but it was a rough go for a little while.

I call BS on that. I've never heard of XJT pilots being singled out. Ever.

I had 7 pilots and 4 flight attendants one a single flight last week. Only 2 of them were SWA pilots.

Blanket statement: If you ever have a problem, real or perceived, I urge you to contact your/our jumpseat coordiators.

Gup

I have used the WN jumpseat on many occasions and have always been treated exceptionally well by the gate agents, drivers, and F/A's alike. WN even has a non-rev listing line which will allow off-line jumpseaters to receive a record locator prior to arriving at the gate which makes the process even quicker.
Thank you WN employees for setting the standard on how jumpseating is to be accomplished.

I have never had a problem jumpseating with SWA. And I have never denied a Love Machine Pilot a jumpseat !! Thats the way it should work!

Latest resources

Back