• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

does ops ever call the hotel?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another good hotel story along the same line as above. We landed in LEX in the middle of a snow-storm about 0045 (about an 30 mins late) for the CD (stand-up, nap, high-speed, whatever you call it). To no one's surprise, the van wasn't there. I called the front desk and was told to get a cab as the driving conditions are unsafe and they won't be sending the van. Well, after about midnight, LEX is a ghost town. I couldn't even find a cab, much less a phone number for one. So, I called back to the hotel and asked them to call us a cab, wondering why this hadn't been arranged already.

After about waiting for 40 mins, I did some searching around and found a list of cab phone numbers behind a customer service desk. I called one and got a cab on the way. After another 40 mins, we are finally at the hotel. The Capt. asks me to sign us all in while he speaks to the manager. The "on-duty" manager happens to be the same little sh%t that is checking us in. The Capt. asks, if they knew they weren't going to run the van, why didn't they set up a cab for us since we do the same flight every night? His response was, "well, I've been inconvenienced by Delta before, so there you go!" I thought the Capt was going to come un-glued. I wanted to reach across the desk and strangle that little toad. To make a long story short, we went to bed and got about an hour of sleep. How we got back to the airport is another story....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back