Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does new World contract limit North American expansion?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TriStar_drvr

First of all, please no grief for posting this on the majors board.

To any World or North American guys. What are plans for expansion? I see that NAA is hiring while World is not. Does the new World contract limit the amount of expansion by NAA? Any plans or talk of consolidating the two, or will they continue to be run on their own certificates with separate seniority lists?

How is the relationship between the two pilot groups? Any animosity? Is there a spirit of cooperation? Is there communication between the two groups?

I know I asked a lot of questions. Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to look at all options as my current position doesn't look to promising right now.

I saw 5 North American 757s all parked in a row at JFK near the Alpha taxiway and KK last week. I was wondering if they were still flying.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The word is management wants to siphon off assets from the expensive airline and grow the cheap one. OTOH, World has 3 ex-UAL B747-400's due for delivery in '07 -- although most guys at World are of the "believe it when you see them on the ramp," persuasion. A little history: World had a 767 bid out last year with a training program spooled up ... they subsequently scrapped that and brought an airline instead.

I see a Polar-Atlas situation for the indefinite future.

The scope clause was the major point of the World strike from what I understand. We are still in the dark here at NAA as to what the new TA includes, and how that involves us

Latest resources

Back