• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does CX give 2nd chances?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes they do. It took me about year and half to get a call again. just make sure to keep update your application. I was hired the second time. I hope this help.

The answer to this is Yes and NO. I didn't get a call for a second chance unlike the poster above.

It depends; this is the information given to me by two senior CX captains, one who'd retired after 20 years, a couple of years ago and the other who has been very closely involved with the CX pilot recruitment dept in the past.

Apparently when you c0ck up the interview, they will send the interviewee one of 3 letters. The first is a don't even bother trying again and includes the phrase "This decision is final". The second is very non-committal and encourages you to keep updating if you want to and the third uses phrases like "on this occasion" and mentions a reason why you weren't successful. Like "the standard was extremely high on the day you attended an interview". If you get this letter, they do want you to try again. But remember that it's very likely they will make you wait up to 2 years before they will interview you again.

However, having said all that, they are desperate for guys and have a lot of aircraft coming. So, all of the above may be thrown out of the window to keep the aircraft flying. Knowing CX and how entrenched they are in some of their ways, that's fairly unlikely.

Latest resources

Back