Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does COEX care about the kind of multi time you have?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I.P. Freley said:
(as a f'rinstance, I don't personally know anyone who was hired there that had over 2000TT, though obviously some people have been hired with that and more, like another poster on this thread).
My old chief pilot at a former flight school was hired with almost 4000 hours of TT, about half of it KingAir C90 PIC time (135 charter).

You know what's nuts? He had a class date with them on 9/11/01 or just after. 3 years later he finally got the job!

~wheelsup

Now THAT is amazing. I thought most companies flushed their pools around a year after 9/11. I know three people who were poolies at AirWisc and they were told "thanks for your time, try again" in the summer of '02, after treading water since the prior summer.

All of the people who were poolies were dumped after 9-11. They were called first when the hiring began again to repeat the interview process (one was in my interview group). I was hired with 2300 total, 750 multi, and 160 turbine PIC. From what I'm hearing, they are turning away a large part of the applicants during the interview, as many as 70%. Since they've interviewed probably 2000 people by now, they have to lower the mins to keep filling interview classes. Now as for flying jobs being available in the next 6-10 years, there are going to be a ton. Air traffic is supposed to double from the late 90's levels by 2012 I do believe. Combine that with the baby-boomers retiring over the next 6-8 years and voila, you have a ton of flying jobs. They definitely won't be the 747 job at United we may have dreamed about, but the people are going to have to move from point A-B. I don't really see a replacement to air travel anytime soon, do you? Everyone just needs to relax, make the best of what you are currently doing, and wait it out. I predict much better prospects on the not too distant horizon. My $.3 cents.

box :D

Anyone know what old hiring ratio was back in the "Continental Express" days? Were they turning away 70% back then, too?

Of course by "back then" I mean only 3 or 4 years ago. ;)

At least that many were turned away from those that I interviewed with almost 5 years ago. 3 of us out of about 15-20 where given class dates that day.

ILStoMinimums said:
With a 30% chance of getting hired after the interview, what have been the average times of those actually hired?
They could tell you, but then they'd have to kill you. ;)

Once you have an interview, I think its all about knowing your stuff. Some low timers get hired, some high timers get hired...they are just looking for the people in the group who are honest, knowledgeable, that communicate well, and can handle themselves under pressure. Having the biggest resume isn't a guarenteed job.

Also being able to follow instructions, PRECISELY the way they were given, seems to be very important. A proper attitude is the number one thing they are looking for.

box

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back