Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does COEX care about the kind of multi time you have?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

huskerfan

Hey all,
For those of you who are working for coex or have interviewed, do you know what they require for the multi time as far as quality goes? I'm thinking of splitting costs(renting a twin) with another instructor to build some multi time. I have 1500TT with 50Multi.
Thanks

Not really......Not that long ago.......

all they wanted to know was how much money you had, around $10,000, as I recall. "Multi" ment cash or check, or from "Mommy" or "Daddy"......Remember that the next time an CoEx guy tells you about being undercut by anyone.....Ahhhhh, the good old days!!!!!! BTW NEVER pass up the chance to be mean to a Freedumb Air dimwit; Just recently scared one in DEN trying to get to PHX. Pilots may not be smart, but they remember like a scorned women......

Last edited:
huskerfan said:
Hey all,
For those of you who are working for coex or have interviewed, do you know what they require for the multi time as far as quality goes? I'm thinking of splitting costs(renting a twin) with another instructor to build some multi time. I have 1500TT with 50Multi.
Thanks
I personally hate you MEI guys who get 5 guys together and go rent a plane and all log the time. Its fu%kin stupid and the guys at COEX are not going to put up with that.

Seriously dude you need some real multi time. You really think that you will have what it takes to get through FTD, SIM, and IOE on just a 100 hours multi? Not to mention that the 100 hours that you log you are not sole pilot of that multi, your splitting the time. Do yourself and COEX a favor and get more than the min required multi time. I know for a fact that they are not looking for CFI guys as much now. They are looking for prior 121 and 135 experience. I am not trying to be a total prick but COEX has several each class that fails out.

No BS take a good look at your multi time and ask yourself honestly Do I have enought time and experience with a Multi complex airplane to have a shot at making it though a class at any airline?

Just my .02 take it or leave it.

Well haven't plenty of people in the past made it through training programs with 100 multi and less? I think each person is different. The advise I would give is make sure you are instrument current before going to class. Whether you have 75 multi or 1075 multi, make sure you are instrument current.

From my understanding, I don't think anyone with "questionable" flight time will stand much of a chance with ExpressJet. From what I've heard, they send quite a few people home on each interview session because of this. They are especially tough on guys that log hundreds of hours of dual given in high performance airplanes or guys that log SIC in turbine aircraft that don't require two pilots. If your flight time fits into one of these categories, don't put it on the application...or chances are you will be sent home before the interview even gets going good.

Chief pilot's voice mail said they just dropped the mins to 600/100. They are turning away about 70% of those who interview.

box

Doogie said:
I personally hate you MEI guys who get 5 guys together and go rent a plane and all log the time. Its fu%kin stupid and the guys at COEX are not going to put up with that.

Seriously dude you need some real multi time. You really think that you will have what it takes to get through FTD, SIM, and IOE on just a 100 hours multi? Not to mention that the 100 hours that you log you are not sole pilot of that multi, your splitting the time. Do yourself and COEX a favor and get more than the min required multi time. I know for a fact that they are not looking for CFI guys as much now. They are looking for prior 121 and 135 experience. I am not trying to be a total prick but COEX has several each class that fails out.

No BS take a good look at your multi time and ask yourself honestly Do I have enought time and experience with a Multi complex airplane to have a shot at making it though a class at any airline?

I'll have to disagree with you on this one and echo what BRA said. I was hired at coex with 100 multi and had no problems getting through training. Does that mean anyone can pass training with 100 hours of multi, no.....but it can be done.

A lot of it has to do with what kind of multi experience you have. Most of mine was winter time flying in the midwest.

We had people in my newhire class with 1 hour of actual instrument time. (not kidding) They were from the AZ Riddle campus where they said there are no clouds most of the year. These people had no problems in training either! Our training department is made up of great people and they want you to succeed!

You clowns make this job/training/interview sound way too hard. Just don't be an idiot and you will do fine. Just know the profiles, limitations and memory items and don't worry about it. I had 600/100 when I flew my first jet and had no problem at all. Relax kids.

Doogie said:

Guess again Sherlock. I know 3 CFI's hired recently by COEX.
Whaddya know....you don't know for a fact spanky.

W = Whatever

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back