Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Abe

Abe,

For a corporate job, you are absolutely right.

For an airlne job, sometimes you are right.

If you knew me at all, you would know I have little vested interest.

Is it competitive, absolutely.

Me, I would rather marry the bosses daughter, hold the owners pet hostage, etc.

I know there are at least 15 people who got their jobs through AEPS. They are featured in the magazine.

I personnally think you should"
Network
Send resumes to every company you are interested in.
Go to the library and find out as much as you can.
Visit web sites.
Join the top 5 sites for jobs and information
Go to as many companies as you physically can.
Write letters
Call
Check interview gouge
Talk to people at the companies
Go to every job fair you can get to.
Redo all the above.
Get rec letters
Ask Advice.

If you did not get a call, you were not competitive in a very competitive world/ networking ususally does not solve that

Just to remind you Publisher in my post I stated I did once get a job through AEPS. However I think it is difficult in this environment for that type of service to be helpful in finding a job

My advice:

If you dont mind spending the $10 and you have the money subscribe to AEPS. The odds are low but someone has to win

If money is a problem and you need it to buy food AEPS is not going to make those problems go away

My personal peeve with AEPS is their Aviaton Carreers magazine full of PFT ads and propaganda. That is a huge waste of money that is better spent on other things even on their job service

Man you guys are harsh. Like I said before I have had three job offers as a direct result of my AEPS membership, but I wouldn't recommend relying exclusively on AEPS to find a job. Use it as you would any other resource in your arsenal. You still have to mail resumes, make phonecalls, network, etc. If nothing else AEPS is legit. There are actual jobs available on the website. They do have employers screening their database for candidates on a regular basis. Pilots have found work using AEPS as one of their many resources. It won't do the interview for you but it is a viable, legitimate product. It's just not the panacea for finding you a job. Besides, most of you guys spend more than $10 bucks a month on comic books. Here's an idea, instead of spending $50-$60 bucks on a fancy silk corporate looking tie for your still hypothetical interview, spend $20 on a reasonable tie and $30 for a three month enrolment and save the rest for beer. You'll be much further ahead in your job search.

Flydog

I know you will never forgive us for that one Gulfstream ad and the fact they were in the South Florida issue.

On your other point, I would contend that it is exactly in times like this that these services are more valuable. Mainly because the obvious, read major airlines, are not hiring, but, some of the less obvious are.

I had to dig up a number of CASA pilots once for a little deal down south of the border. These services would have been invaluable in helping us find those pilots much quicker and efficiently.

One of my new advertisers actually found us when they used the service to hire a couple of mechanics.

I think we are agreed that you need to do a bunch of different things if you want to find a job.

To add to my post above. I just landed an interview through AEPS for a Citation co-pilot. I hope this one works out.

FlightTraker

Most AEPS jobs are listed other places on the web, though, and, in my experience, companies that have to advertise for entry-level pilot positions in this job market usually have high turnover, and for a reason.

Let us know how it goes.

Latest resources

Back