Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you wear a seatbelt in the hotel van?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Do you wear your seatbelt in the hotel van?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • No

Votes: 105 68.6%

• Total voters
A bus that was supposed to leave from the New York City area enroute to Albany ended up in Scranton, PA. which is over 100 miles west when the police pulled him over because a passenger was getting worried and called the cops. He was given directions to Albany and then proceeded on their way.

Whats scary is that the company that employs this bus driver, who can't seem to read a map or road signs to make his way to his destination, pays him at least $40,000 a year. A regional airline pays their first officers not even half that to start and even a senior FO will not get to $40000 at just about every regional out there.

I still can't quite figure why.

Just a couple of weeks ago in CID the van driver hit a patch of ice and rolled the van with the crew in it. Nobody was wearing their seatbelts. Some of those van drivers are pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** scary and they probably make more money than I do!!

I heard some crazy story about a crew down in South America. They were heading to the hotel and the van driver hit a pedestrian. Not only did he hit the person, the impact killed killed him.

From what I heard the captain paid the van driver to take the body and take care of it. Just like nothing ever happened. Not sure what the right thing was to do. That seems rather screwed up. But who knows what would have happened if the, "Police" got involved.

Wankel

When staying at the Partridge Inn in AGS, bring the harness with you out of the airplane. Both van drivers this weekend were on a mission from God.

I dont wear them for the shear excitement it brings me after a grueling 14-hour day, wondering if I will make it to the hotel in one piece...or not! However, I always strap on the front seat though. In the back, I figure whats the worst that could happen, wind up face first in the lap of the FA. Well on second thought, considering most of our FAs, that would be grounds for a true living nightmare.

PS. Magnum is the ultimate "fa shizzle"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back