• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you still log time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you've been with a major player for 10 to 20 years, and you sadly end up trying again at another carrier, if they demand EXACT amounts of actual instrument, or want to know how many ILS approaches I've flown, I'll probably say something like - "If 15 years of line flying to all CONUS, Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, and the Caribbean, doesn't qualify me for your pilot job, then I don't want to fly for your outfit."

At a certain point, your job experience, not totals to the 1/10th minute, are what should get you hired. I let my company's computer log my time now. Those that still do, that's cool, but it's not for me.

I can see the allure of using a log as a diary. You can jot names, incidents, cool layovers, etc, and also use it to validate your pay.

Last edited:
There was a guy in Montgomery AL who has all of his logbooks on display in the FBO. I believe he was involved with a piper dealership, flight training and the FBO somehow. I think the totals were over 60K hours. I think he has passed on, but it looks like a tribute to him. That is a lot of logbooks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back