Do not let your guard down!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like how they were "Texans."
They could have been drag queens from SFO.
"Oh goody, they're finally going to close the door on that American Exceptionalism carap"
"Ohh, and I bet they hate Sarah Palin as much as I do. But I do love her shoes."
"Yes! Her Manolos are FIERCE!"

So what does that say about you, making an assumption based on a stereotype? I'd argue that you're just as ignorant as the stereotype you're trying to rag.

Cute. Those two made up stories are laughable... If there was any truth to this, Fixed news would be playing the story every 22 seconds... But go ahead and tell me why this wasn't a made up fear scam.

Just how many people were on that 717 anyway? Because according to Rear Admiral Corps Commander/Doctor/Chaplain Keith "I have an invisible friend & have been practicing yelling 'Let's Roll' every day for 8 years now" Robinson's article:

<< After 67 officials exited the door, suddenly it flew open and 1215 people from the flight hurried off the plane. >>

67 officials and 1215 passengers?

(I'm confused.... originally it was one 717 but now it's 2 A-380's?)

Here's a cut and paste from the email

After 6[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]7 officials exited the door, suddenly it flew open and 12[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]15 people from the flight hurried off the plane

http://www.ajc.com/business/airtran-refutes-flight-297-226517.html

AirTran refutes Flight 297 ‘urban legend'
By Marcus K. Garner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
AirTran Friday issued a statement refuting an e-mail that says a Nov. 17 Atlanta flight fell victim to a rehearsal for a jihadist attack.
Airline officials published the account on "Inside AirTran," an internal Web-based newsletter the AJC acquired access to, to debunk what they called an "urban legend" circulating online that describes a cadre of so-called terrorists whose attempt at intimidating passengers of Flight 297 was thwarted by a lone passenger.
"We bring this to your attention in order to dispel myths that are beginning to make the rounds in chat rooms, blogs and conspiracy theorists' Web sites," the memo said.
Flight 297, from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, was bound for Houston when a flight attendant asked a man to put away a cell phone and camera.
When he did not, the plane taxied back to the gate, and the passenger -- who didn't speak English -- and a companion were asked to leave the plane, which they did without incident, the airline reported.
When it was determined the problem was caused by a language barrier, AirTran and TSA officials allowed the man, and 12 others traveling with him to re-plane, and the flight left for Houston.
A man named A. Gene Hackemack began circulating an e-mail from his friend Tedd Petruna, who claimed to have been on the flight and told a different story.
“I grabbed the man who had been on the phone by the arm and said ‘you will go sit down or you will be thrown from this plane,’” Petruna wrote in his e-mail.
AirTran officials could not confirm to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution whether Petruna was actually on the flight, citing policy against giving out passenger information.
But in the "Inside AirTran" article, they refute Petruna's story point-by-point.
"There were no reports of any passenger standing up in any threatening manner," the AirTran report reads. "At NO time was there any physical altercation between passengers.
"Upon returning to the gate, the individual on the phone were asked to de-plane and did so in full compliance of crew member's instructions."
Petruna claimed that 11 Muslim men dressed in "full attire" and that the men began calling one another, and shouting in a foreign language from different areas of the plane before the plane stopped on the ground.
AirTran said: "The individuals in this party proceeded to their seats throughout the aircraft and were dressed like any other passenger."
Further, the airline reports: "There have been no reports of any individual phoning any other individual on the flight ... there are no reports of screaming or shouting insults to our crew members."
Petruna has declined over several days to respond to repeated email and phone attempts by the AJC to talk to him.
Return to AJC.com for more information.

They could have been drag queens from SFO.
"Oh goody, they're finally going to close the door on that American Exceptionalism carap"
"Ohh, and I bet they hate Sarah Palin as much as I do. But I do love her shoes."
"Yes! Her Manolos are FIERCE!"

I would trust a drag queen from SFO over a texan any day.

http://www.ajc.com/business/airtran-refutes-flight-297-226517.html

AirTran refutes Flight 297 ‘urban legend'
By Marcus K. Garner

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
AirTran Friday issued a statement refuting an e-mail that says a Nov. 17 Atlanta flight fell victim to a rehearsal for a jihadist attack.
Airline officials published the account on "Inside AirTran," an internal Web-based newsletter the AJC acquired access to, to debunk what they called an "urban legend" circulating online that describes a cadre of so-called terrorists whose attempt at intimidating passengers of Flight 297 was thwarted by a lone passenger.
"We bring this to your attention in order to dispel myths that are beginning to make the rounds in chat rooms, blogs and conspiracy theorists' Web sites," the memo said.
Flight 297, from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, was bound for Houston when a flight attendant asked a man to put away a cell phone and camera.
When he did not, the plane taxied back to the gate, and the passenger -- who didn't speak English -- and a companion were asked to leave the plane, which they did without incident, the airline reported.
When it was determined the problem was caused by a language barrier, AirTran and TSA officials allowed the man, and 12 others traveling with him to re-plane, and the flight left for Houston.
A man named A. Gene Hackemack began circulating an e-mail from his friend Tedd Petruna, who claimed to have been on the flight and told a different story.
“I grabbed the man who had been on the phone by the arm and said ‘you will go sit down or you will be thrown from this plane,’” Petruna wrote in his e-mail.
AirTran officials could not confirm to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution whether Petruna was actually on the flight, citing policy against giving out passenger information.
But in the "Inside AirTran" article, they refute Petruna's story point-by-point.
"There were no reports of any passenger standing up in any threatening manner," the AirTran report reads. "At NO time was there any physical altercation between passengers.
"Upon returning to the gate, the individual on the phone were asked to de-plane and did so in full compliance of crew member's instructions."
Petruna claimed that 11 Muslim men dressed in "full attire" and that the men began calling one another, and shouting in a foreign language from different areas of the plane before the plane stopped on the ground.
AirTran said: "The individuals in this party proceeded to their seats throughout the aircraft and were dressed like any other passenger."
Further, the airline reports: "There have been no reports of any individual phoning any other individual on the flight ... there are no reports of screaming or shouting insults to our crew members."
Petruna has declined over several days to respond to repeated email and phone attempts by the AJC to talk to him.
Return to AJC.com for more information.

So you are telling me that Fox News was innacurate in their reporting?

Latest resources

Back