do i still wanna fly..?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tathepilot

there came a moment this month where i thought that commercial real estate wasn't for me. (after 1 year into the biz) so i played the field a bit. I sent out about 25 resumes, and to my surprise, ive just got my third offer for an interview.

i never liked the commuters or the majors. my home is probably with a 135 operator. to finish the rest of the story, i decided that my home is here in the real estate world. i mean come-on where else can you do 130k in commission your first year...

the reason i thought of leaving was because i was starting to have these arguments w/boss over money. on the flip side boss and i bought an a/c and just sent in our p.a.s.i to get certified as a part 135 operator.

the reason for ths message is to let you know who invited me for an interview...

1. flight express
2. central south(something) air 'twin commander'
3. pacific wings

so if your looking, try out these guys.

what were your times listed on the application. I thiunk those 135 freight operators are always hiring...

130/yr ain't bad. Hard to leave a good income for crappy regional pay. Thats the situation I'm close to being in. Leave a good paying office job to flight instruct full time and apply to the regionals. After spending a lot of money on ratings and flying part time, not sure I want to give up my day job for a tough career with little job security, low pay and rough schedules.... getting older doesnt help either. Seems my priorities have shifted a little as ive gotten older. Now that im closer, things seem farther away, and that airline job doesnt seem so alluring anymore.

Hipster Loser said:
what were your times listed on the application. I thiunk those 135 freight operators are always hiring...

130/yr ain't bad. Hard to leave a good income for crappy regional pay. Thats the situation I'm close to being in. Leave a good paying office job to flight instruct full time and apply to the regionals. After spending a lot of money on ratings and flying part time, not sure I want to give up my day job for a tough career with little job security, low pay and rough schedules.... getting older doesnt help either. Seems my priorities have shifted a little as ive gotten older. Now that im closer, things seem farther away, and that airline job doesnt seem so alluring anymore.

1600/275me. all of my other times are 135.243.
the most important thing (besides eating & family) is being happy.
my real estate job allows me to fly (teach) on the weekends which will soon be coming to an end ala part135 flying... :)

item 2. on your list is Central Air Southwest...a great cargo operation with roughly 30 twin commanders and 2 turbine Commanders.

want to know more about the machine they fly? suggest you visit twincommanderflyer.com

tathepilot...dumb ? but why are you responding to your post now as safearicharter?? And are you serious about chartering a jet 2x/wk???

pilotpat said:
tathepilot...dumb ? but why are you responding to your post now as safearicharter?? And are you serious about chartering a jet 2x/wk???

yes, very serious. the reason my last post is under safe Air Charter is becuase i thought that i was logged into 'tathepilot'

if you read my earlier post Safe Air Charter is the venture that boss and i are doing. the flight to the bahamas 2x a week is a flight that im looking to broker..
so 'yes' very real!!

Well, PM me when you get a chance and if you can give me a little more detail I will pass that on to our schedulers and see if they can help you out. Let me know the number of pax, RON's...yadda yadda - oh yeah, and I'm sure they'll want to know what price range you're looking for. We've got all sizes of jets, so I'm sure if we can help, we will.

Latest resources

Back