• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do I have a chance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get yer CFI, get up to 1500 hours, then get carded by the USFS. Lots of helicopter companies will hire ya if ya got both fixed and rotor wing time.

I'll start by saying this is old info so may not still be true. I have a friend who was hired by American Eagle back in 2001. He was an active duty army pilot PCSing when he applied. He had a multi comm fixed wing with pretty low fixed hrs and about 700 rotor. American Eagle gave him credit for all his rotor time with the 1.5 military time multiplier to get him qualified. I don't think too many companies did this but he found it at Am eagle. He was current in rotor and fixed and his rotor was multi so that may have made the difference.

I don't know for wure but I would think you should be able to find a rotor job somewhere with your time as long as you are somewhat current.

Thanks everyone for replying to RTF. He called me and I suggested he join Flightinfo and ask the question. I figured there were some people on here that could point him in the right direction - and I was right! I can help him with the info on the fixed wing, but it is the rotor that was evading me since I do not compose that many resumes for helo pilots without a lot of hours.

Thanks YIP for the suggestion on the networking group.

You guys/gals are the best!! :)

Kathy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back