Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do airlines care about type ratings sans time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Major airline interviewers aren't stupid. They know any applicant has probably applied to and would accept a job offer from any major. The 737 type isn't going to faze them in the least. It shows commitment to finding a major airline job, trainability and (maybe) currency. Interviewers also know that few pilots jump between major airline jobs and that if they hire the guy, he's probably there for good.

"So why the 737 type? Does this mean you'll leave for SWA?"
"Major airline positions are hard to obtain. I was able to obtain funding through the unemployment agency for the 737 type. Working at your airline is my first choice but I need a job to support my family so as I'm sure you already know, I applied to other major airline also. While the 737 makes me eligible for SWA it also shows any employer I can be successful in a large transport category aircraft, have the necessary CRM skills and provides currency."

+1

Exactly.

Major airline interviewers aren't stupid. They know any applicant has probably applied to and would accept a job offer from any major. The 737 type isn't going to faze them in the least. It shows commitment to finding a major airline job, trainability and (maybe) currency. Interviewers also know that few pilots jump between major airline jobs and that if they hire the guy, he's probably there for good.

"So why the 737 type? Does this mean you'll leave for SWA?"
"Major airline positions are hard to obtain. I was able to obtain funding through the unemployment agency for the 737 type. Working at your airline is my first choice but I need a job to support my family so as I'm sure you already know, I applied to other major airline also. While the 737 makes me eligible for SWA it also shows any employer I can be successful in a large transport category aircraft, have the necessary CRM skills and provides currency."

Nice answer. In addition, he can include that he applied to the airline he's interviewing at prior to obtaining his 737 type.

As for the furloughee, he should get a 737 type. At least he's checked the box for LUV. I don't know of any airline that requires you to have an A-320 type.

I would also consider a W/B type. Contract flying....plus I know HA, FDX, UPS and Polar give you a smiley face on your resume if you have some W/B experience.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back