• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DME Hold entry

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Man, you all would love the "Bus". Holding pattern depicted, take bets on what kind of entry you're gonna make, cross the fix and watch it go...

Lazy pilot's dream......

HMR said:
Hey, look at the big brain on A Squared.:)

You are correct. The Jep plate only shows 4nm in the profile view. The same way it shows 10nm on most other plates. Pilots always (I hope) turn well before the 10nm point on those approaches. Why would this be any different? It's a "maximum" not a "mandatory". Good job!

Can you point to a FAA reference that says that? Not being confrontational,cause I am curious as to how you came up with that?? I was always taught and still fly as published, now the 10 miles is a "must remain within" but holding patterns, even course reversals, should always be flown as published unless modified by ATC. Does it always make sense, of course not, its aviation but rules are rules.

I believe on the Garmins X30s you have to fly the full distance to get the unit to auto cycle to the next point otherwise you gotta do some button punching to get the right waypoint and sequence to come up, but it has been a while since I have done a GPS approach with a Garmin.

Latest resources

Back