• Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Delta CEO aims to integrate Northwest operations 'quickly'

By Christopher Hinton
Last update: 8:25 a.m. EDT July 30, 2008

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Delta Air Lines (DAL: delta air lines inc del com new
News, chart, profile, more
Last: 7.19-0.72-9.10%
4:00pm 07/30/2008[DALintends to file for a single operating certificate with the Federal Aviation Administration by the end of August in connection with its forthcoming merger with Northwest (NWA:

In a CNBC interview on Wednesday, Delta Chief Executive Richard Anderson said the airline will run Northwest as a subsidiary for its first 18 months after the merger is completed, but that it intends to fold the Egan, Minn., carrier's operations into Delta "as quickly as we can." Atlanta-based Delta has been meeting with U.S. congressional panels and their European counterparts regarding antitrust regulation, and now has a timing agreement with the Department of Justice for reaching final approval, Anderson said. "We're still on pace," he said.

Bye Bye--General Lee

yes, the SOC is moving to ATL..400 jobs so far to the south....nice job.

yes, the SOC is moving to ATL..400 jobs so far to the south....nice job.

I guess they could stay up North? Maybe Sun Country will hire them? A merger often means people moving around a bit. I doubt that MSP and DTW hubs will be affected though. Management jobs? Yes.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Super, did you get your letter and CD from Dougie yet? I haven't watched it yet.

oops

SOC = Single Operating Certificate
my bad...chalk that one up to reading part of the previous post :0
Anyway, dont waste your time on the video..its 2 minutes of NWA a/c..nice, but it could have had some more history and info added to it. Wonder how much that cost to make/mail out?....I guess I would have taken one of those gift certificates the Csa's received for 25-150 bucks instead!!!

Latest resources

Back