• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

How long do you think Republic will keep their
contracts with UA/CAL? and Delta?

Paying a competitor, keeping them in business to compete against you?

UA/CAL pilots do not want anything bigger than 50 seat

Republic loves it-they can deadhead crewmembers all of the country and bump DL and UA folks to get their trips covered. Do you know what company they are deadheading to?

Republic loves it-they can deadhead crewmembers all of the country and bump DL and UA folks to get their trips covered. Do you know what company they are deadheading to?

till they expire in 2014-2016, then i doubt anyone will renew our contracts and the aircraft will get fuzzy animals painted on the tails.

Hopefully no longer than after the JCBA is signed, worst case when the current contracts expire. If not, I may be applying for a job there after my unemployment runs out. :mad:

Bedford & Heller have made sure that early termination of their contracts is VERY expensive - typically requiring the mainline partner to absorb the aircraft and pay RAH for every penny of debt service/lease payments made on those aircraft while providing lift to the canceling partner.

Bedford & Heller have made sure that early termination of their contracts is VERY expensive - typically requiring the mainline partner to absorb the aircraft and pay RAH for every penny of debt service/lease payments made on those aircraft while providing lift to the canceling partner.

Yeah, I'm sure Mesa had something in the contract with UAL as well. I'd bet performance and reliability are factors. UAL lawyers are real good at breaking contracts, just ask the pilots.

till they expire in 2014-2016, then i doubt anyone will renew our contracts and the aircraft will get fuzzy animals painted on the tails.

that's assuming the money holds out. the only thing that will be fuzzy will be the grass growing out of the RAH RJs in the desert.

Unless the new operation mode for Regional Airlines is to become code-share partners rather than fee for departure providers.
Which means, no need to change scope language low risk and low cost domestic pax feed for DL and UA. RP could fly A320 to Denver and have the pax connect to UA. Again mainline jobs are on the line.

The whole codeshare dimension needs to be addressed in all new pilot contracts. That is exactly the end around that is coming to a job near you.

Latest resources

Back