• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL shuttle to 717 on BOS flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not totally ruling that out, but I believe this current management team at DL has more foresight than the Leo Mullin era. Delta paid billions for a new BOS terminal that while newer, makes passengers walk a great distance for most of the gates there. They gave away the closer terminal to JB, allowing their pax to have gates closer to the curb. Same in SEA around the BK, giving SWA gates in the B Concourse and taking new gates (in A?) that were nicer but farther away. (Although DL is taking back plenty of gates in SEA now, including some A and B gates, and more expansion is on the way).

I think the current guys running the place can see potential problems just giving away real estate. That's good.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You non rev machine you!!

When I operated some Delta Shuttle flights, a good number of customers had mentioned that the very fact that those flights operated out of the MAT was a major selling point. Much quicker security, much less of a cluster as far as pickup/dropoff etc.

I asked a USAir gate agent in DFW when they were planning on moving out of the E Terminal and into the main AA terminals. She said there were no foreseeable plans to do that because they didn't want to make gates available to other airlines. Interesting stratigic move...sucks for connecting PAX though.

Delta owns the MAT. You can have it for a price.

Actually, I suspect the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey owns the MAT....you happen to be the current tenants (with all the legal protections that go along with it, of course.)

Maybe it's all part of the GK/RA D-concourse/717/ATL-shrinkage mutual down-low hand-job/reach-around/guzzle.

Entirely possible. I've long maintained that there was way more involved in the 717 deal than any of us line-swine will ever be privy to.

At least don't tear it down like you did the Worldport at JFK. Let's try to preserve at least a little of our aviation history.

The "third-worldport?" Did you ever spend any time in that thing?

Good riddance.

At least don't tear it down like you did the Worldport at JFK. Let's try to preserve at least a little of our aviation history.

It wasnt us that tore it down, it was PANYNJ. It was a dump anyway...goodbye

Amen! T4 can't hold a candle to the Worldport. Sorry to see it go -- pigeons, asbestos, narrow escalators and all.

And now there will be a 717 category in NYC. Today's bid included 20 Capts and 30 FOs.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back