• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL pilots in Chicago?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure there are a few. If you want to commute on DL to the FDAL bases, I wouldn't want to be based in CVG, since there are mostly RJs down there. I don't think there are a lot of flights between ORD and JFK, but LGA probably has them on the hour or more. SLC to ORD probably isn't a bad commute, with DL and UA flying a mix of RJs and mainline equipment. I would think ATL would probably be the best choice. There are a lot of DL MD88s and 738s flying the route, and even 2 MD90s currently flying to ATL from MDW. Throw in a few RJs, and that probably would be the most logical choice. Now that is all for the FDAL side, if you want the shortest commute to the largest bases, bid MSP or DTW, with MEM a distant third due to lack of flights total.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I've heard that ORD-MSP is a nightmare. ATL seems the most logical with the amount of flights being DL mainline, minus the time zone change.

DTW is pretty good.....20+ a day outa ORD and 7+ outa MDW.....flights leave DTW-ORD as late as 1030pm. Way better than MSP......still a healthy amount of commuters.

I would say DTW. At times I commute out of MKE to ATL. It is a nightmare. ORD is not bad but it fills up to ATL.
I had a bud that did the NYC thing and gave up and moved to NYC, so you can guess how good that was. (DCI out of MDW to LGA)

I've heard that ORD-MSP is a nightmare. ATL seems the most logical with the amount of flights being DL mainline, minus the time zone change.

???????
30 plus MAINLINE flights per day between NW, AA, UA not to mention 15 plus out of MDW, plus an additional 8 when SW starts service.

At least a flight every hour

You heard wrong

Latest resources

Back