Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL/NWA SLI decision moved to pre-xmas....why?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to us all... I've been keeping my logbook up to date out of pure supersition.... maybe it's a bit more than that. Rumor is it our MECs are only a few numbers away from agreeing to an SLI.

I guess I'm just looking forward to seeing my favorite Subway in MSP and Rio Wraps in DTW a bit more at the least.

I think that we are really really close like we were with DCC.
Any one want to place a bet?

We will see if the capacity cuts that are being mulled over become a reality.
FWIW they are already expecting to pull 100 50 seaters out of the market by next fall.

I think that we are really really close like we were with DCC.
Any one want to place a bet?

We will see if the capacity cuts that are being mulled over become a reality.
FWIW they are already expecting to pull 100 50 seaters out of the market by next fall.

No :) I think the new 20 Dec is an intentional distraction. I think we will see a negotiated SLI shortly.

FWIW, Boyd is saying capacity cuts are already largely accomplished and reports of further industry reductions are overstated. Hopefully any additional cuts are from the RJ's.

Delta

I sure hope that the pull downs will all be at the regional level. It will be good moving forward from today on and hopefully getting GOOD news for a change. I say get rid of all RJ's!!!!

I sure hope that the pull downs will all be at the regional level. It will be good moving forward from today on and hopefully getting GOOD news for a change. I say get rid of all RJ's!!!!

As an Rj guy. I have no problem with your comment. Business is business. Just don't get upset when I say I hope they get rid of all DC-9's and replace them with 76 seat RJ's

As an Rj guy. I have no problem with your comment. Business is business. Just don't get upset when I say I hope they get rid of all DC-9's and replace them with 76 seat RJ's

That didn't take long...ugh. From one RJ guy to another WHAT POSSIBLE GOOD COULD COME FROM MORE RJ'S AND LESS DC9'S? Unless of course you are dumb enough to make a career at a regional.

That didn't take long...ugh. From one RJ guy to another WHAT POSSIBLE GOOD COULD COME FROM MORE RJ'S AND LESS DC9'S? Unless of course you are dumb enough to make a career at a regional.

Yes, I'm 36, have another job and have no desire to go to a major, become furlough fodder and take a pay cut. Guess that makes me dumb.

Not trying to hijack thread. Just pointing out that when someone says they wish all RJ's were parked that there are some of us that have built nice lives for ourselves flying those RJ's you want parked.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm 36, have another job and have no desire to go to a major and take a pay cut. Guess that makes me dumb.

Not trying to hijack thread. Just pointing out that when someone says they wish all RJ's were parked that there are some of us that have built nice lives for ourselves flying those RJ's you want parked.

So you want to fly a limited platform that might not be viable in the future when it is due for replacement for the next 29 years??? Um, Kay. That second job sure must be lucrative.

Latest resources

Back