DL NW merge from a customers point of view

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor4239

I work for NetJets and am Silver Medallion on Delta.. NetJets just bought me a Y fare coach ticket home on DL from ORD to ATL 12 hrs prior to departure for $79.50.. I was imediately upgraded by delta to first class (due to status).

This two days after the shareholders vote for the merge of the two companies.. Just wondering if this is the future of the airline.. Oh yeah.. and thank you for the great fare!

PS.. I hope my World Perk miles and Skymiles merge.. I am taking my family to Fiji if they do!!!!!!

Do you have a point? Are you really surprised that a fare from the largest passenger airport in the world to the second largest passenger airport in the world is inexpensive?

Oh yeah, I always move pilots in uniform to first class when available...you have made me second guess that policy.

There is reason to the madness...A couple months prior to the flight the fares begin to rise...in theory...and based on the demand for that flight it will rise or lower as the time gathers near...if it is 12 hours to go and there are 40 open seats...damn you GAVE them 79 or whatever it was dollars. Granted in the long run it seems to have given you some wierd empowerment, but that sir is how economics works. Supply and Demand.

Actually, neither of the last two posts are correct. Fares always rise as time draws closer to the flight because that's when business travelers with deep pockets are more likely to buy tickets.

The reason ORD-ATL is cheap is because there is heavy competition on that route, probably UA, AA, and DL. Any time you see DL flying into ORD, DFW, DTW, etc., you will see a cheap ticket because they are trying to grab loyal fliers from the competition.

Last week, I had to go DFW-CVG. $600 on AA, $800 on DL. AA has to offer cheaper fares because it is flying to DL's fortress city. DL can jack up the price because they know I prefer to fly with them. A DL ticket on the same fight going DFW-CVG-ORD was $250. They have to compete with all others on that route.

Hi!

All of the above are wrong on the fares.

The fares change based on a myriad of variables that only the software programmers understand very well.

Each seat is priced based on all these factors, and they change constantly, so the various fares on a particular flight change all the way from when the flight is first created, until it flies.

Sometimes a last minute fare is high, and sometimes it is low. Why? We don't know.

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back